Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a bit of background, my son has a 1992 3000GT VR4 he just got and it really seams the car was thrown together to get it to auction. Thus, many of the systems in the car are out of adjustment or not working.

While we're tackling as many as we can, some are just odd and this is one of them.

At night, he has the lights on and when he signals a right turn, the lights turn off but the housings stay up. When he signals a left turn, everything is fine. With the switch in the middle position, everything is fine. If he wiggles the switch a little with the right turn signal is on and the lights are off, the lights turn back on. Turn signals do work as they should.

What gets me is I would think this would be a switch issue but I'd figure the headlights would be an all or nothing thing...they're either on and up or off and down. The headlight switch on the dash (the one that will raise the headlights but not turn them on) works fine.

I've heard about the ETACS controlling this stuff but not sure if this would cause such an issue. Any advice would be a big help. Thanks for putting up with this 3000GT noob.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
The contacts inside the switch that trigger the headlight relay to turn on the bulbs are different than the contacts used to trigger the ETACS to raise/lower the pop-ups. As such, it could definitely be a bad switch.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks striker. I figured that but that one thing with the headlights made me wonder and I wanted to verify.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts