Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Search Button <---- that's how ya fix it. :)

(Just kidding, but please, try to use the search button before asking questions, usually you won't have to wait for a reply, and 90% of the time, you can find the answer you're looking for. This has been covered a few million times, so not many people are going to reply.)

Aside from replacing all 24 lifters with '98+ lifters.... not much. People have tried doing everything from seafoam, to ATF, to god only knows what. Seems that certain different brands and types of oil decrease/increase the noise, but It mostly varies depending on how old your engine is, how it was driven... etc. etc. Like I said, doing a search might give you more specific answers.

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
replace them, seems to be the only surefire way to resolve the tic tic tic.

LW

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
Some people have even replaced them with the newer ones and it came right back eventually.

Sam

·
Registered
79 Posts
ive heard replacing them is really ythe best way to do it...ive talked to you about this josh... :D

wraith Location: Oradell New Jersey
hey man what car do you drive around there.....i live in haworth and stealth94rttt lives in closter....did you go to the hooters gathering?? or are you gonna go to the one on the 14th

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive heard replacing them is really ythe best way to do it...ive talked to you about this josh... :D
First of all, i'm the one that told you that. Second I know more then you about 3s cars. 3rd i was looking for a solution were i wouldnt have to replace them to save money. I know replacing them would work best, but its all about the money.

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
I went to the gathering on the 14, I had the black 95 VR-4 with the 99 side panels (parked next to the real 99) with the Wilwood front calipers.

Sam

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
I got some stuff this weekend and ran it through before I changed my oil and filter. I can't remember what it is called but it is in a silver can (about the size of a small paint can) and my tick decreased significantly. I can still hear a tick but it sounds like any other car. B-12 Chemtool is also good.

All you do it add it to your crank case and let it run for about 5 minuts and then change your oil AND you filter***This is a must if you add an additive like this***

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
It's not called sea foam though.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
I cured mine with ATF and Rislone, alongside conventional oil. It's gone and hasn't been around in almost 2 years. It used to be LOUD like a diesel truck.

·
Registered
683 Posts
WICKEDDREW said:
I cured mine with ATF and Rislone, alongside conventional oil. It's gone and hasn't been around in almost 2 years. It used to be LOUD like a diesel truck.
Hey, would you explain in the detail the process of how you added ATF and Rislone? I mean did you do both at the same time or alternate between oil changes or what?

THANKS!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts