Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a rich bastard at my school who always brags about how fast his car is and how badly he smokes everyone. Anyway has anyone raced one? If so how badly did you beat him. How hard would it be to beat him in a stock TT 3000 GT vr4?

·
Registered
349 Posts
i've never raced one, but a stock vr4 should easily take out an is300. They are more suited to race a n/a 3S.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
The GS400 is something to worry about tho w/300 hp...but heres the IS 300 specs:

Specs for the 2001 IS300:
Horsepower [email protected]
Torque [email protected]

0 to 60 in 7.4 seconds
Top track speed: 143.7 mph

and these at another site bout the 2002:
0-60 mph acceleration 8.1 seconds
1/4-mile acceleration 16.1 seconds

and yet another page:
0-60: 7.5 sec
1/4-mile: 15.6 sec @ 89.6mph
3400 lbs.

So figure 7.7 0-60 and...16 sec 1/4 mile...def SL material. If I remember correctly, Wraithchild has hit 14.xx basically stock.

Hope this helps
:)

·
Registered
678 Posts
SL material with at 16 sec q/m? Surely you must be thinking of a fully loaded automatic SL because I know for sure my automatic base model has no problem with them and I'm sure the 5-speed guys can easily scoff at those numbers. They don't pick up much power untill you go into forced induction.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yeah a friend of mine has this car...and damn thing feels so slowwwww. Not even a joke. Its just like are we moving. It is a good race for a N/A 3k with the ATX Tranny, but if it is 5-speed than the race is pretty much already decided as long as he keeps his shifts smooth and quick.;) And the VR-4 just forget about it...not even a challenge, the VR-4 would kick him in the face. :D

·
I Want Twin Turbos Too!
1,600 Posts
A friend of mine went and test drove one and said it is a much "cheaper" built car than his dad's LS400. He is getting a new Audi S4 tomorrow. The Audi is a fabulous car, but it should be for $40K :eek:!

·
Registered
856 Posts
I beat an IS300 w/ a exhaust from a redlight and even worse on the highway. I was pretty close. I was pulling on him for sure tho. Got a car length in a half between stoplights. Much worse on the interstate.

VR4/TT would absolutely destroy him. It would be a joke. I drive an N/A.

.jon

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
FASST LN said:
He is getting a new Audi S4 tomorrow. The Audi is a fabulous car, but it should be for $40K :eek:!
Yeah I had a friend ask me if the Audi S4 can take a new BMW M3. LMAO....I just couldnt stop laughing. He actually tried to tell me that the S4 will run over the M3 and that it would whip it in the 1/4 mile...HAHHA:p ...I had to straighten him out...when I actually told him that the M3 would pretty much kill a S4 he was in pretty much shock..LOL..:D So when asked why he thought the S4 could beat the M3 he said " BECAUSE THE AWD GIVES HIM POWER WHEN THEY ARE GOING 40MPH!!!!!!!!" ROFL :D :D :D

BTW...there is this kid in school with a 96 European Edition M3. Also the 100 shot of NOS he is taking. DAMN!!!:D

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
I raced one a month or so ago in my n/a. I have it on video. He had intake, exhaust, pulley, and probably more. He had a "professional" tuner(the guy that built the car up) at the track with him telling him how powerful the car was. The guy looked over at my car in the staging lanes and told the driver "that car there is slow... you'll eat that car for lunch". I think he ran a 14.9 or so, and I ran a 14.5. Since you have a TT, you'll kick his ass.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
nice

good run wickeddrew! the lex will definetly lose to a vr4 from either 91-93 years or a vr4 from 94-on years. good luck with the race!

·
Registered
580 Posts
LMAO~!!!!!
AHHAAHAHH fucking bitch punk doesnt know what a stealth is~!
race him then see how much he brags after that~!
i vote TOTAL confidence for u man, enjoy looking at his car in your rearview mirror~!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
The VR-4 will dimolition him man, you shouldnt even waster your gas. HEHE... of course unless you want to make fun of him afterwards:p

·
3Si Corporate Shareholder
3,784 Posts
Easily taken by SL's. He's just a rich prick who bought a car with nice wheels, oversized exhaust, and white outs, and thinks he's set forever. The new manuals are only a BIT faster.

V

·
0 Posts
My Auto 94 SL with almost 130,000 miles could stick with new Lexus IS with about 10,000 miles from 60-120mph.Our engines
are quite strong.

And Lexus IS vs VR-4?I would totally bet on a VR-4.However,
Lexus IS is pretty cool IMO.

·
Registered
63 Posts
As long as he isn't running a decent turbo setup. then there are only two words;;

"SMOKE HIM "

and then have a nice day

:D

V

·
0 Posts
frogman330 said:
As long as he isn't running a decent turbo setup. then there are only two words;;

"SMOKE HIM "

and then have a nice day

:D

Well said Buddy,well said.....:D :D :D

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Damn Vin Diesel Wannabe's. HEHE:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts