Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k.....Hp and torque? Important? Yes....BUT...what about suspension? Handling..ride quality....smoothness....cornering...etc.. Ive driven a 3000GT base for a while and was wondering if anyone has upgraded these type of items for a better ride....what can be done? Bushings? Different shocks/struts? Bars? Springs? Has anyone put any to use....please give me info on mods done or mods youve experienced....Of course mine is not a VR4 and the handling on those is totally different (ive driven one with 89000miles) but for us NA's can anyone instruct? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
i installed eibach springs on my 93sl. the ride is a bit stiffer(like it is in sport mode all the time) but it handles like it is on rails!
kevin calvano

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Anybody tried RSR springs? They seem like a cheaper alternative to Eibachs.
I have to admit, I never gave a lot of thought about this topic, because I'm quite happy with the handling stock ( well, almost...KYB's!).

·
'94 3000GT original owner
1,609 Posts
You might ask Courtney (VeilSideGTO). I think she has Ground Controls using Eibachs and KYB adjustables on her Base 3KGT. I have a 94 Base and would really like to find a set-up that would lower the car 1" to 1 1/2" and RETAIN the factory ride. My car rides stiff enough now without adding springs to make it ride stiffer. I like the lowered look without the lowered ride.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts