Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 260 of 297 Posts

·
H to the izzO
11,944 Posts
Cool. The walkthrough is done, and I have added your pics/info. Thanks again.

Tuner_D: Nice quality seats. They look fantastic. Aside from having to make a few modifications on the driver's seats, they are pretty much perfect.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Cool. The walkthrough is done, and I have added your pics/info. Thanks again.

Tuner_D: Nice quality seats. They look fantastic. Aside from having to make a few modifications on the driver's seats, they are pretty much perfect.
Thanks and great job on the DIY. Give it time and those slight wrinkles should flatten out when the sun's heat expands and stretches them through time. Post up some final installed pics when you can as I would like to use it in our gallery. Thanks again=)

Tuner_D

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Hannibalzero, GREAT write-up!! I inserted another photo in this thread in post #240. I suggest maybe using it in your write-up where you say "If you open up the flap, you should see something that looks like this..."

I am heading to the garage with laptop and "Hannibal's guide to replacing cloth seat covers", to see how much progress I can make. Thanks for taking the time to write it. Should help a lot of people over time.

·
H to the izzO
11,944 Posts
Hannibalzero, GREAT write-up!! I inserted another photo in this thread in post #240. I suggest maybe using it in your write-up where you say "If you open up the flap, you should see something that looks like this..."

I am heading to the garage with laptop and "Hannibal's guide to replacing cloth seat covers", to see how much progress I can make. Thanks for taking the time to write it. Should help a lot of people over time.
Awesome. Thank you for the additional pic. I have added it to the guide. Good luck with the install. If you see any areas where you think you can improve upon my guide, definitely let me know. :)

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Great guide. I just completed the Passenger seat, it took me a while to do just cause i was extra careful with it. That tip on the seatbelt guide really helped too. In my opinion it looks just as if it were done professionally. I'd post some pictures, but i suck at forums, im a paid member but i can't seem to post pictures, no permissions. If anyone knows why, i can rectify this and post up a couple shots of the seat. Otherwise, ill be attempting the driver seat sometime next week.
Thanks for the guide and great job on the covers Tuner_D.

·
Registered
88 Posts
bump..we still taking orders. any way you like it. should be quicker turn around time now since its not the first go round..thanks pm me

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
links to pics of seats installed?

·
ex-spun bearing club
506 Posts
bump..we still taking orders. any way you like it. should be quicker turn around time now since its not the first go round..thanks pm me
looks good to me, two questions...

1) time limit on ordering at the GB price?
2) estimated turnaround time now?

...thanks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
looks good to me, two questions...

1) time limit on ordering at the GB price?
2) estimated turnaround time now?

...thanks!
we are now taking orders anytime since this product model is available to produce at anytime. turnaround time will atleast be 2 weeks for everything. hope that helps. pm me or email me at [email protected] when ready to order. looking forward on doing business with you.

tuner_D

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
No photos yet, but to let those of you interested. . . . I have received a bunch of compliments on how nice my seats look here at NG'09. . . . TunerD supplies a quality product.

·
Registered
88 Posts
No photos yet, but to let those of you interested. . . . I have received a bunch of compliments on how nice my seats look here at NG'09. . . . TunerD supplies a quality product.
Thanks=) Show us some photos and I would like some for my business use as well. Let me know. Thanks again for choosing Tuner_D!

Tuner_D

·
ShamWOW!
3,433 Posts
Tuner_d, im starting to get really interested in getting a set of skins for my car. I would assume the black is the closest to stock "charcol" that you have(a little darker is fine). These are still available at 350+20 for perferations? I wish you offered the rears(just becuase my rear leathers ended up in a buddys car, and im stuck with cloth rears). Let me know, hopefully we can work something out in the near future.
-Matt

·
Registered
88 Posts
Tuner_d, im starting to get really interested in getting a set of skins for my car. I would assume the black is the closest to stock "charcol" that you have(a little darker is fine). These are still available at 350+20 for perferations? I wish you offered the rears(just becuase my rear leathers ended up in a buddys car, and im stuck with cloth rears). Let me know, hopefully we can work something out in the near future.
-Matt
Matt,

that is correct. The price is 370 plus 45 shipping. It is black. Let me know when you are ready. Thanks.

·
H to the izzO
11,944 Posts
I should probably get some better pics now that I have all of the crap out of my car. These ones were taken several months ago, right after I installed the seats.

Ignore the discolored spots in the pic below. That was from some grease that I got on my hands. I should have wiped it off before taking the pics, but its gone now.

If it stays sunny this afternoon and I get out of work at a decent hour, I'll see if I can snap a few better ones. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I should probably get some better pics now that I have all of the crap out of my car. These ones were taken several months ago, right after I installed the seats.

Ignore the discolored spots in the pic below. That was from some grease that I got on my hands. I should have wiped it off before taking the pics, but its gone now.

If it stays sunny this afternoon and I get out of work at a decent hour, I'll see if I can snap a few better ones. :)
Looks good. I would redo installation with extra foam padding to fill in the "wrinkles" due to the old worn out seat foaming of your seats. It tends to harden and shrink through age and heat. It should result in a fresh of the showroom seats condition. Nonetheless, great install and it looks great. I'm sure it looks better now that the sun got to heat up and expand the leather a bit. Let me know when you get those better pics. Like to really use it for our store. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Sorry for the delay guys. Poject Complete. I did my passenger seat as soon as i got it like a month ago, but the driver seat scared me. I finally picked up my balls and did it.
Here's some photo's of them completed.
Note: I feel the passenger seat turned out far better than the drivers seat, and I believe the only reason is the fact that the foam wasn't as worn as the drivers. Also I took a couple days on the passenger seat, where as I did the driver in about 4 hours last night. I also ran out of the C clips provided to me by Tuner_D, but i managed to get by using zip ties, and it was only underneath, and they worked really well actually.
Another Note: Check out the size of the mosquito's that got in the way on 2 of the shots... Massive blood suckers, these photo's were taken at night, Tuner_D let me know if you want some better shots.
Thanks again Tuner_D, great work on the leather.

Here's a couple shots of the car, to show you why i went with the black leather and white stiching.

·
Registered
88 Posts
great pics. pass side looks far better. suggestion to all you DIY'ers out there to invest a few bux on buying new foam. It will make your seat look brand new and fresh off the showroom floor. Might as well do it all right the first time since installation on seats can be pain in the butt and as we all know know very time consuming. I highly recommend professional to install these covers but if you want to do it yourself, stuff worn out seat foaming with new thin foam to fill it in. Nonetheless, great job and thanks for the pics.

Taking custom or stock orders at any time so pm me or email me at [email protected]. Thanks

Tuner_D

241 - 260 of 297 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.