Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the news a few seconds ago it showed a guy who could repair tears in leather. He used some filler, patch, and different dyes. He fixed the seat and it looked brand new. For the side part of the seat, part thats usually worn down because of getting in and out, was only 60 dollars to repait. Mines in pretty bad shape. I am gonna try to find out the guys name and locations again. He did an awesome job on the car they showed on the news. Maybe some Before and After Pics :)
Anyone ever had something like this don before?

-Jeff

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've seen it done, and its pretty good, but it's not as strong as real leather, so if it wore out to begin with the patch'll wear out twice as fast. And its not PERFECT, just very good. I had a small tear in the upper side of my drivers seat. What I did was I found an interior guy who ordered me up a new peice of leather/vinyl direct from Chrysler, cut the stitching on the torn peice, pulled it out, and sewed in the new piece. Then re re-dyed the whole seat with factory dye back to stock charcoal, so it all matched perfectly (also got rid of any and all other scuffs). My driver's seat now looks better than the day it rolled off the assembly line. Its PERFECT in every way.

$250.

Call around.... if you plan on keeping your car for a long time, you'll be glad you spent the extra money, even if it means waiting a while to fix it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.