Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this was posted yet, but denso has just released lead proof 02 sensors. You can pick these up for around $30-60 a pop depending on car make. Their sensors have been tried in mustangs and buicks (stole from the buick site). Lasts 4 times longer than the standard 02 sensor in the same conditions with race fuel :D
Great news! Now if they can just make these for the wide band users like me! :(

www.DensoAftermarket.com

SUPERIOR DESIGN,,,, Boosts engine performance and effiency by sampling the exhaust more than 60 times per sec to maintain a constans air-fuel ratio.

ALUMINUM OXIDE TRAP LAYER,, Keeps siliconne and lead outside the ceramic element through Denso's exclusive design, preventing damage from oxygen sensor destroyers like racing gs or fuel and lead additives.

POROUS [PTFE] FILTER,,, Increases performance by allowing atmospheric oxygen to enter the sensor without permitting water or engine contaminants to steep into the casing.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Thanks for the info.

·
Parts Everywhere!!
1,407 Posts
So if I were to install these in place of my current ones I and get rid of my cats I could go up to the airport and fill up with leaded 100 octane and not do any damage to my car?
That would be awesome to have a reliable source of 100 oct.:)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep plus you dont have to spend bucketloads of money for unleaded race fuel!
Just an example here in denver 104 lead costs me $3.00 a gallon 104 unleaded costs me $4.65
Vp 108 unlead costs $5.75 a gallon
c16 lead goes for $4.75!

Now if they can just make a 5 wire 02 sensor i would be soooooooooooo happy! Instead of going through wide band's at $175 a pop every single summer. :(

·
vehicular thaumaturgist
8,289 Posts
That's a damn good idea! I want to run avgas!

Where can we buy them exactly (having trouble with that website)?

-Chris Wood

·
Registered
489 Posts
At the airport here they sell avgas that is 112 octane for about $2.49 a gallon.
:eek:

·
Professional Speeder
389 Posts
were is the link to the lead proof o2's? the link you gave is the aftermark home page which doesnt show any info on them.

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
I have a local hookup at an airport so I can get avgas (LL110, 110 octane Low Lead) for about $2.00/gal. I ran some earlier this year and was less than impressed with the results. Avgas is not the same as gas you'd get at the pump, not the same at all. The gas is created for large bore, long stroke engines in LOW OXYGEN environments.

Considering we have a small bore, relatively short stroke, high oxygen (turbo) environment I decided to not use avgas. This is a cool break through though, and I can get 110 leaded turbo blue down the street from my parents house for $3.50/gal ;).

·
Senior Fanatic
6,011 Posts
smokeAcop said:
were is the link to the lead proof o2's? the link you gave is the aftermark home page which doesnt show any info on them.
This may be it but is unavailable:
http://www.densoaftermarket.com/o2sensors.shtml

Here is what is on it:

Oxygen Sensors
The Critical Engine Component: The oxygen sensor is a critical component of today's modern vehicle. The oxygen sensor works with the vehicle's Electronic Control Unit (ECU) to constantly maintain the operational efficiency of the engine. If the oxygen content in the exhaust gas is too high (a lean mixture) or too low (a rich mixture) the oxygen sensor is able to transmit this information back to the ECU which then adjusts the air to fuel ratio. The oxygen sensor accomplishes this task in cooperation with the ECU by sampling the exhaust more than 60 times per second. A properly functioning oxygen sensor helps a vehicle operate at peak engine efficiency and regulates the amount of environmentally harmful emissions put out by the engine.

DENSO is one of the world's largest producers of oxygen sensors. All of our know-how as an OE manufacturer goes into each and every oxygen sensor we make. Every DENSO Oxygen Sensor is 100% checked for high temperature signal output, air tightness, continuity, and heater resistance.

Today's cars can have up to four oxygen sensors - each of them critical to proper engine function. If tune-ups* are a regular part of your business, replacement of the oxygen sensor with a DENSO First Time Fit Oxygen Sensor should be part of every vehicle's scheduled maintenance.

Fluorine Rubber Bushing: Protects the internal components of the oxygen sensor against water and corrosion.

Double-Protection Cover: First developed by DENSO, the double-protection cover assures quick response time by maintaining proper unit temperature in the ceramic element and protects the ceramic against outside lead and silicone poisoning. Available on all DENSO heated sensors.

Stainless Steel Housing: Rugged, watertight stainless steel body resists corrosion and contamination.

Porous tetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) Filter: This highly durable, heat-resistant material helps maintain the oxygen sensor's optimum performance. Porous tetrafluoroethylene allows atmospheric oxygen to enter the sensor without permitting water or engine contaminants to seep into the casing.

Aluminum Oxide Trap Layer: A DENSO exclusive, this specially designed aluminum oxide coating keeps silicone and lead outside the ceramic element and prevents silicone poisoning or damage to the platinum electrode.

* Along with general engine tune-ups, any time there is a risk of oil, lead additives, coolant, or water entering into the exhaust system the oxygen sensor should be changed to rule out possible sensor contamination.

There's a War Going On In Your Engine….
A car's oxygen sensor is constantly exposed to a barrage of harmful contaminants that can rob it of its ability to produce an efficient reading. Engine lubricants, sealants and additives, silicone, and/or oil can damage a sensor's element. DENSO First Time Fit Oxygen Sensors are coated with a special formulation of aluminum oxide to trap impurities outside of the ceramic element. In head to head testing against the competition, DENSO Oxygen Sensors were rated as TWO TIMES MORE RESISTANT to silicone and lead poisoning.

Use Only the Best…
Any good mechanic will tell you - use the very best products you can. DENSO First Time Fit Oxygen Sensors are specifically designed to meet the increasing demands of today's engines. Each of our oxygen sensors is constructed of the highest quality materials available: high-quality stainless steel, porous tetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), fluorine rubber, aluminum oxide, high-grade platinum and ceramics are used in each DENSO First Time Fit Oxygen Sensor.

·
vehicular thaumaturgist
8,289 Posts
Good info, but I'd love to find out where we could get them.
-Chris Wood

·
Senior Fanatic
6,011 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.