Is there
If you want to use it as a boost controller you will need these two things:
1. Mac boost solenoid ($22 on ebay)
2. Vacuum hose 3mm (thick wall)

What it comes with:
1. Main box
2. OLED screen & harness
3. Power cord
4. Choice of OBD1 cable (91-93) or OBD2/MUT cable (94-99).
5. Boost solenoid harness
6. WBO2 harness
Is there any other compatible boost controls other then the one above because it doesn’t ship to Hawaii

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sorry if this is addressed somewhere already, but is there a breakdown of what each version can do, and what needs to be done to upgrade older versions?

I believe I have a v2 and would love to be able to read vacuum like the newer units.

·
Registered
372 Posts
BlackStealth PM'd me.

For anyone on the fence, awesome product, awesome support. This is a must have item IMHO.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Damn, that fuel pressure sure would be nice. Will that work with the older unit as well? Whats the parts list on that? Looks like a 4.5 volt sending unit is needed, any suggestions on that?

·
Premium Member
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
If you search carefully you can find some 7 bar (100psi), 10 bar (150psi) for around $20 on ebay.

Oil and fuel pressure sensors have been supported for a very long time, go inside the config menu, and look.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Thanks, so 5volt works as well as 4.5 volt?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Would you trust the RPM read out if you were driving hard? My Tach is off, Sometimes on the highway it will read 2600rpm but the lcdbc is only around 2100, and I just dont trust it if I was WOT going to high rpm, it jumps around crazily. Does the lcdbc refresh fast enough to trust?

·
Premium Member
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
Would you trust the RPM read out if you were driving hard? My Tach is off, Sometimes on the highway it will read 2600rpm but the lcdbc is only around 2100, and I just dont trust it if I was WOT going to high rpm, it jumps around crazily. Does the lcdbc refresh fast enough to trust?
If used on a 92 vehicle, it will be fast, because OBD1 is relatively fast. 96-97 definitely not. But I would think it would be just easier to get a new RPM gauge instead?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Yea, its on the list lol, Think its either the cluster or a capacitor or something. Thing has a mind of its own sometimes. Speedometer is fine, just the tach is crazy.

·
Chief Exec.
861 Posts
awesome i would like an OLED one to Sacramento California. 1994 vr4 obd2.
Please add the External pressure sensor harnesses as well. Also may i have the vent mount, steering column and coin tray as well. Not sure if i want to reroute my active aero. Also im assuming the oled is to big for the ashtray mount. Thx for your time.

·
Premium Member
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
awesome i would like an OLED one to Sacramento California. 1994 vr4 obd2.
Please add the External pressure sensor harnesses as well. Also may i have the vent mount, steering column and coin tray as well. Not sure if i want to reroute my active aero. Also im assuming the oled is to big for the ashtray mount. Thx for your time.
I would not recommend the cruise control / coin tray version if you have an active aero. The OLED 4x20 is too big for the ashtray mount.
I'm gonna close this thread, because it's out dated, and there's a newer thread with newer pictures.
Please visit this thread instead:

201 - 218 of 218 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.