Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Keith
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a cheapo Lap Top from eBay (Lenovo) for the sole purpose of tuning. It works fine other then it will shut off when I move the screen. Which makes it very hard to use in the car. Shutting the door to hard or a hard turn or throttle stomp will move the screen enough to shut it off. You can imagine how frustrating tuning can be while it doing this. I'm thinking of opening it up to see if there is a weak solder joint. But I've never opened a Lap Top before...

Anyone here experienced in this area? What should I look out for?

·
Registered
461 Posts
YouTube the model and disassembly should help guide you. Google might have written guides too. Have various sized screw drivers and make sure you have good fit and pressure on to the screws while unscrewing if it feels like it is about to strip, stop and reset. Check wires and solders related to the screen.

Is it your screen? Could it be a loose battery?

·
Spd Kills your bank acc.
1,148 Posts
Double check the "stick" used to detect the screen is up/ down. It could be stuck down and a little movement triggers the computer to go into sleep mode or even turn off.

You can override this through the power settings of the computer. Note sure if Win 7/8/10 but should be in control panel under "power options" and can set it so it doesn't do anything when the lid is closed. If this fixes the problem, then you know exactly what the cause is and choose to fix it or leave it as is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts