Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hehe........beat a 3s in my (well, my dad's) 840ci. dont laugh at me.

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
eh, how about some details on that one? And what the hell is an 840ci?

·
F orum Whore/troll
847 Posts
it's a BMW

what's lame is that u are bragging about useing your Rents car. i guess the aris K isn't to sporting.

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
Heh, figures. I hate all these car companies that use all numbers for the name of their cars. Like BMW.......M3, M5, 840ci, all that crap. Gets confusing. If you just use a normal ass name instead of using a different number for every car, it won't be as confusing to remember. Stupid Germans or whoever makes the damn car.

·
F orum Whore/troll
847 Posts
esc said:
Heh, figures. I hate all these car companies that use all numbers for the name of their cars. Like BMW.......M3, M5, 840ci, all that crap. Gets confusing. If you just use a normal ass name instead of using a different number for every car, it won't be as confusing to remember. Stupid Germans or whoever makes the damn car.
300xz, 3000gt, 240sx, TL3.2, SC430, ect ect ect.

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
no no, those are all made by different car companies. See what I mean? 3000GT = Mitsu, 300ZX = Nissan (ok, I see the comparrison with a 240SX, but still, it's easier to remember two than like, 30).....and Acrua has the 3.2TL. It's not that difficult when they're different car companies. But like, all of BMWs cars are #s.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
esc said:
no no, those are all made by different car companies. See what I mean? 3000GT = Mitsu, 300ZX = Nissan (ok, I see the comparrison with a 240SX, but still, it's easier to remember two than like, 30).....and Acrua has the 3.2TL. It's not that difficult when they're different car companies. But like, all of BMWs cars are #s.
yeah i will second that one. Next thing you know a car company will be coming out with a car named " mg652135 " and that is only the little brother of the car named " mg652136 ". LOL. Notice how the difference is only the last number. That makes it super easy to remember. :p

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
See, I knew it. BMW is just dumb. They don't have any creativity. Anyone can think up a set of #s and put it on a car. But c'mon, lets expand our minds a lil bit and come up with a cool name.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think BMWs number system works like this...

example: 323 = a 3 series beamer with a 2.3 litre engine?
example: 840 = a 8 series beamer with a 4.0 litre engine?

as for the CL, IS, after the number... i dont know. the CL is a coupe i believe, and the IS is somewhat of a sportier model than the plane one, wich is just S i think? then the M model is the pimped out model. And there is only one M for each series of car... M3, M5, etc.... and then there is the Z wich is only one model per series too... damn confusing. LOL

I dont really know for sure, but thats all i can get from their numbers. I have tried to figuer it out for a while now. I am slowly begining to be able to identify a bmw and its model by seeing it from a distance. Woo hoo! heh :)

(note to everyone: i dont know these to be true, these are just my guesses!!!!! so dont flame me! heh)

·
In charge
1,814 Posts
Odin said:
hehe........beat a 3s in my (well, my dad's) 840ci. dont laugh at me.
Actually the title of this thread "Lame" is an accurate description for this kill.

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea i know it's lame give me a break i was bored. and besides i dont have a 3s yet anywayz i i thought id at least post something. at least i warned you guys..

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
esc said:
See, I knew it. BMW is just dumb. They don't have any creativity. Anyone can think up a set of #s and put it on a car. But c'mon, lets expand our minds a lil bit and come up with a cool name.
does anybody even know of a bmw vehicle that doesn't have a single number in it????

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think the people saying BMW is dumb are even lamer then the kid who posted this kill. It simply takes a liking for the make and model to understand the categorizing system. Any true vehicle enthusiast will tell you that. I understand everyone has there preference to favorite cars. But don't knock an entire company just cause your to simple to understand how they catorgorize there different models.

Of course none of the above applies to anything Honda ever made.

As far as the kill goes, I guess you could say it was kool. But I would have left out the part about your rents car.

WD

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
NO NO NO Guys. If you want to hear something that is lame just checkout how many young 16-17 year old High School kids are driving around Brand New M3's. HOLLYSHIT. I had to pay for my 3k. Spoiled bastards.:p

·
Registered
557 Posts
BMW'S=dumb,:confused: you have got to be kidding....lets leave it at that.

·
napalm death
1,545 Posts
If you actually paid attention, I dont think anyone was calling a BMW car stupid just the way they name the cars is stupid with all the numbers.

Most likely what happened was that they were going to come up with creative names for their cars until they saw Ford come out and call one of its cars a Probe and then decided the humiliation factor of a terrible name was too much and went with the numbers scheme instead.

·
Registered
557 Posts
if you nappy ass,actually had a brain,you would be worth something on this earth. If you call any part of the car stupid,really you are calling the whole car stupid.......just like if I told you nappy,your face is stupid...aren't I really insulting you as a whole?

·
corporate slave
700 Posts

i'm 17 and I got a 99 3k (base) (w00t)

if my parents weren't dicks, i'd have a job and a 97 VR-4

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
chuck: just please stop talking, your ignorance pisses me off...what nappyTT and other people are trying to say is that BMW should have gotten more creative with their car names, its just too confusing otherwise. I don't think anybody here is saying that the cars are dumb...hell bmw's are sweet.

993kGT: are you saying that your parents won't let you get a job and bought you a 99 GT????????????

·
Registered
557 Posts
hey fireshitTT go find nappyassTT and have a parade or whatever you guys do.........Hey look I know I'am not making a whole lot of friends here,but my opinions are my opinions......so FUCK OFF!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts