Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
3/S owner since 2003.
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I already have L.E.D. tails that I got made by a member here, but I decided to experiment myself and create another pattern so I can swap them at will. I am almost done and will post videos as soon as I get them finally tested and they work as expected. If anyone is interested, I can convert theirs for a certain amount of cash. Here is where it stands so far:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Looking good, I have been working on mine with a similar set-up with the rings and CFL rings too. I don't know about the led on the sides though.

·
3/S owner since 2003.
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Looking good, I have been working on mine with a similar set-up with the rings and CFL rings too. I don't know about the led on the sides though.
You can't see the LEDs on the sides through the lens, because they are transparent. They are seen on the pictures, because I used a flash and took the pics very close to the tails. I am still debating if I should just use a circle for a turn signal or the one I have in right now. I will see how it looks installed and decide then. What I like about the ones I have in now is that they illuminate the whole side part of the lens, while a circle would only illuminate part of it and won't be seen on the side of the car...

·
3/S owner since 2003.
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I changed my mind and installe circles in the turning signal area as well.

·
Always Learning
2,470 Posts
Hey Ilian,

Hope the car is doing okay since that water incident.

Of course I would like to see some night shots and what if you did just a plain rope around the border or the inner-lights.

kinda like this.

·
3/S owner since 2003.
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hey Ilian,

Hope the car is doing okay since that water incident.

Of course I would like to see some night shots and what if you did just a plain rope around the border or the inner-lights.

kinda like this.
As soon as I get them installed, I will post some night shots and videos. That will probably not happen until a week from now, because my car is at the shop, awaiting a new head gasket set (trying to see if that will fix the coolant leak). Once I get my car home, I will plug in the tails and see what happens. The LED strip along the contours of the tails is a very easy way to do it, without the need to manufacture a board. I abandoned the idea for this set though, because the circles in the turning signal compartment will compliment the running/brake lights better.

·
3/S owner since 2003.
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Okay, I completed the tails and snapped some crappy photos of the final version...

Attachments

·
3/S owner since 2003.
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some more pics... Basically, the lights operate as follows:

Tail lights = three circles on each side.
Brake lights = two circles on each side.
Turn signal = corner contour.

Attachments

·
3/S owner since 2003.
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I will get better shots soon.

·
3/S owner since 2003.
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Okay,

I have played with ideas and stuff lately so I am making myself a set of tails that will work either as the Audi style (contour only) or the whole tail will light up. I will be able to chose which style I want and switch between the two. I can actually make several different styles:

1. Running light = the whole tail light border; brake light = border of only the main part of the tail light; turning signal = the border of the corner section of the tail light.

2. Running light = border of the whole tail light; brake light = border of main part of the tail light; turning signal = a middle row of LEDs, between the top and bottom rows.

3. Running light = border of the whole tail light; brake light = middle row of LEDs; turning signal = border of the whole tail light.

4. Running light = border of the whole tail light; brake light = border of the whole tail light; turning signal = middle row of LEDs.

5. Running light = whole tail light; brake light = whole main part of tail light; turning signal = whole corner part of tail light. I can do this version so you can switch between only the border line (Audi style) or the whole tail light filled with LEDs.

6. Running light = two circles in main part of tail light and a contour in the corner part of tail light; brake = two circles in main part of tail light; turning signal = contour in corner of tail light.

7. Running light = two circles in the main part of the tail light; brake = two circles in the main part of the tail light; turning signal = whole corner part of the tail light.

8. Running light = three circles in the the tail light; brake = two circles in the main part of the tail light; turning signal = circle and a corner piece in the corner part of the tail light.

9. Lambo style.

I can do those with the stock difuser in place so you would be able to use your stock bulbs for inspection purposes or if you wanted your stock look back!

I think I will be able to get those done for $250 plus your donor tail lights (you can buy them from here or Ebay if you have none, or I can do it for you for additional price) so if someone is interested, let me know and I will open a for sale thread.

·
3/S owner since 2003.
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
3/S owner since 2003.
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
3/S owner since 2003.
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·