Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever ordered parts from Kormex? I'm most likely going to be buying either parts or a reconditioned tranny+transfer case for my 93' RT/TT. The tranny only has a 3 month warrentee, and since winter is coming, I will not be driving for the next three months anyway. Should I get e more expensive tranny with a 12 month warrentee?
:confused:

·
Twin Power Pellets
9,372 Posts
You can trust Kormex... he's always around here offering help and had the dedication to help out with our initially 'unrebuildable' transmissions.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
If you have the time, I recomend that you buy the parts and take on the trans as a challange ,If you're not familiar with transmissions look at this as a good oportunity . You can call me if you get stuck along the way and I'll do my best to help.

Frank Martin

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Frank. I'm the guy that had AAMCO call (from Massachusetts). AAMCO seems kind of shady. I have a feeling that they won't warrentee your parts because I found you, not them. If I knew anything about trannies, or even had the correct tools, I would most likely give it a shot. I don't, so unfortunately, I am at the mercy of shady transmission shops. I will most likely be ordering a reconditioned tranny from you. thanks for all of your help frank,

Ted

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
if it has a 3 month warranty, and you are not going to drive it for the next 3 months, I would say wait until right before you want to drive it to buy it

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would love to wait intil after winter to buy the tranny, however, I have a pending court case against the previous owner of the car. I need to get this done ASAP. I already took it took AAMCO, and they have my tranny on the table in pieces. Damn this car is a pain!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts