Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...
i had my stock drop box removed and replaced with the open KN oval air filter... i noticed that its not tied down to anything, meaning, it just kinda shakes around... i put some padding down underneath it on the body to prevent the noise from the vibration... Should there be something with the kit to tie it down to keep it in place? i can pick up the filter and move it around with my hand..the black intake hose moves with it since its all connected...Am i missing something? should i take a cord and tie it to the battery or something? sorry if this was a STUPID question..... do let me know though, thnx, najam.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Some of them come with metal supports that can be bolted to the bolt that is sticking out of the end. However I believe this is only available on the Aircharger and not the FIPK. The aircharger is significantly longer than the FIPK and ends within an inch of the side wall. Anyhow don't worry about it moving ... its pretty harmless as far as I can tell.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Go to Home Depot and get some flexible metal strapping in the shelving section. Bend it into a shape that will allow you to bolt it up to the inner fender.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
If you have the aircharger, all you have to do is turn the filter over. so that the screw thing thats pointing out is toward the inside, and than the bracket that came with the charger should work.

Check out the Pictures:
http://photos.yahoo.com/kdog109sd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts