Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
looks waaaayy to small for any kind of single setup except for a low boost aplication on a previously N/A car. but the cost of piping alone would cancel out any savings should someone buy that.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
HEHEH...a friend of mine is going to install the exact same Porsch Turbo on his ATX 94 Probe GT. He is planning on running about 5 - 6 psi's on it. I'll tell you guys how it goes as soon as he installs it. But the problem is he cant drive it until he gets his liscence back from street racing. HEHE:D

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheek said:
looks waaaayy to small for any kind of single setup except for a low boost aplication on a previously N/A car. but the cost of piping alone would cancel out any savings should someone buy that.
According to the post above, you can run 5-6psi which would be *PERFECT* for a single turbo setup on an N/A (which was the point of this post). I'm just hoping to save someone who's already doing the turbo install a little money. By the way, here's an email i got from the seller:

"came form porsche 944 turbo, had very small shaft play- spins freely im not sure of miles but i have never installed this onto my car, i was told it never has a leak of oil at all.

>From: jon
>
>how many miles on the turbo? oil leaks? any play in the shaft? >does it spin freely? what kind/year porsche is this from?"

.jon

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yup that was it. It was from a 944 Turbo....and that is what he is going with on his PGT. But maybe the cars are different to an extent, I am not sure about that. You would have to consult a pro maybe the performance shop around where you live. ;)

·
Registered
678 Posts
oops, sorry man, didn't know you were inquiring for an N/A

·
og
4,293 Posts
jon, this is VERY interesting, please keep us posted!

- mike

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yeah Jon....if it works and if you can bust a few psi's out of it that would be great. If you try it let us know. HEHE:D

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jon3k said:
I don't want to do it personally, but I figure if it'll work, then its a pretty nice price ($160 + $15 shipping).
Hate to quote myself, but everyone seems to have the crazy idea that I want to turbocharge my car. Couldn't be further from the truth. I just know how many people are interested in a turbo setup, so i thought i'd pass the info along (cheap turbo).

I want a supercharger :)

.jon

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
ya cheap turbo, but also OLD turbo, like probably from early 80's. If all you want is 5-6 psi, why not use a 9b ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts