Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I bought my 93 VR-4 used last year from the original lady owner, and she said that she never had the remotes for the car.

i've got the original sticker for the car , saying that it does have keyless remote. Turns out a good friend of mine actually sold the car at the dealership to the girl, and he said that he thinks that she never came back for a "walkthrough" of the cars features, and to get the remotes, so she never knew she had remotes.

I bought 2 new remotes from Siedle Mitsu in Miami for $25 each, and had my mechanic brother took out the back seat and panel and programmed the remotes per the instructions on the site. He tried, but could not get them to program and work. need some suggestions/ solution to this problem--

1. is there a different remote for 1st and 2nd gen cars?

2. Could the remote unit go bad just sitting unused for 5 years? How do you tell if it is bad?

3. If I need a new remote transmitter, can I find one used, and where? how much?

4. Should I just get a new aftermarket remote setup? I'm hearing prices for $100+- for a new system here on the board. The local dealer wants $120 just to program the unit, not counting any parts needed.

If someone can tell me how to do it properly, I believe my Brother can get this unit to work- If not, what are good aftermarket units and prices?

Thanks in advance for everyone ideas and advice on this problem.

Jack s.
3si#296
93-vr-4

------------------
hammer1

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lloyd,

thanks for your reply. I may have misspoke, I was concerned whether the reciever in the car behind the back panel could "go bad" in some manner, from never being used, or if there could be corroded connection, bad wiring, etc. do you know how I could check it to see if its good?

I will check the serial #s as you suggested.
The hand transmitters I got 6 months ago I believe, are only 2 button, and I put new batteries into them.

Thanks again for your help.

jack s.

------------------
hammer1

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.