Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 3000gt automatic base
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok have another question before i make a leap and buy something from ebay. We dont have the fob for locking and unlocking the car. If i get one off ebay for the year of the car we have is it easy to program it to our car or do i have to take it to a dealer to have it done?

·
Registered
503 Posts
You can do it yourself, you just have to remove the driver's side rear seat, and remove the interior trim around the rear speaker(you will need to unbolt the top part of the driver's seatbelt). the computer for controlling the keyless entry is bolted onto the body there. It should have a little three position switch on it with something like "Set 1" "Fix" and "Set 2" on it. Put the switch to one of the "set" spots and push the button on the fob. It should then learn that fob.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can do it yourself, you just have to remove the driver's side rear seat, and remove the interior trim around the rear speaker(you will need to unbolt the top part of the driver's seatbelt). the computer for controlling the keyless entry is bolted onto the body there. It should have a little three position switch on it with something like "Set 1" "Fix" and "Set 2" on it. Put the switch to one of the "set" spots and push the button on the fob. It should then learn that fob.
Do you know if this would work on a ‘93 model? I only have one fob that works and would like to make a second one myself.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Do you know if this would work on a ‘93 model? I only have one fob that works and would like to make a second one myself.
So the 92/93 two button remotes and the 94+ 3 button remotes are not interchangeable. As long as it is one of the two button remotes though it will program just like I said above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts