Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
481 - 500 of 517 Posts

· My car is a money pit
3,231 Posts
bov settings? you mean just the spring pressure? i have the hks ssqv, and it doesnt even have a way of setting the spring... so just make it tight, then see how it does. if its too tight, then loosen some and try again

· Awesome..
167 Posts
I figured it was about that but when do you know it is "right"? somewhere between not blowing hoses off and holding boost? And what it the best way to test because i'm guessing that revving it in your drive way wouldn't build enough boost but driving around with hoses blowing off sounds awful.. Thus I haven't messed with it yet..

· Registered
37 Posts
I figured it was about that but when do you know it is "right"? somewhere between not blowing hoses off and holding boost? And what it the best way to test because i'm guessing that revving it in your drive way wouldn't build enough boost but driving around with hoses blowing off sounds awful.. Thus I haven't messed with it yet..
I have heard you can only approximate it without a dynamometer, but some info on this would be helpful for me as well.

· Registered
37 Posts
Are you saying you could do it or have it done there? Or do it myself with the tools? Cause I don't trust myself with something like those teeth, I can do a little but I would be scared for my VR4! Either way any idea on prices? I have seen the kits with the mitsu tensionor and everything for 500-600, but don't know what labor would be. Thanks.

· Registered
37 Posts
It might be a few weeks before I can get it done, but I will send you a PM. Definitely want to have it done before I really drive my VR4 anymore. Plus my NA has 173k on it and will need its 180 soon, if I don't sell it first.

· My car is a money pit
3,231 Posts
it wont 'blow off hoses' if its too tight, it will cause compressor surge (or turbo flutter) if its too tight. you will hear the turbo make a fluttering noise.

· Registered
10 Posts
hi am new here living in ft. mitchell, ky. 93 base 3000 white. having some problems and was looking for someone who has done multiple 60k services. Dont really trust garges around here and also dont have the amount of money they want. the car has 202xxx miles and im thinking the water pump has gone out of it. i have studied up on how to do it, just makes me nervous doing something like this with no past timing belt experience. I could either pay you for your work or just have an experienced person looking over my shoulder. I will pay you for gas no matter what. after i get this car running good and looking better than it does i would like to attend events. love roadtrips.

· Awesome..
167 Posts
481 - 500 of 517 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.