1,642 Posts
Want to play? You having to be willing to pay

·
Registered
497 Posts

·
I can't read the rules
1,112 Posts
Me and my friend was actually there @ the scene of the accident .. we drove by there on the way home from the races and we saw a car 1/2 way in a ditch. There was 2 tow trucks and two cops there when we went past. No ambulances yet so we was assuming the driver is ok. I guess we were wrong.

I dont want to sound like i dont care about his death, but he was racing on the freeway where there was alot of other innocent drivers that could have gotten hurt. If you are going to street race, atleast take it to a street that no one is @, not the freakin freeway.

Anywayz, best wishes to his family. If you want to post a message to his family, you can do so @ www.streetracing.org, they have a thread about this over there and I think a few people over there know him personaly, i'm sure they will deliver your message.

·
Baka! Baka! Baka! Baka!
1,107 Posts
Say I'm an ass if you wish, but he got what he deserves. I'm juts glad no innocent people got harmed due to his stupidity! If you are gonna drive fast you better sure as hell know what you are doing and know what it can get you into! I feel no sorrow for him as he did it of his own free will. All those people weeping for him need to realise he could have killed other people, and then there would be a reason to be sorrowful. Just my 2 cents.

·
Ferrari Nut
2,675 Posts
Everyone here agrees that you take it to the track.

Look at the statistics, these rice kids go and do it to themselves every year and what? we are supposed to feel bad for their stupidity? It's like saying, "Gosh, John Doe threw himself in the tree limb shredder and didn't make it out alive" WTF are you supposed to think when the decision to race on a public highway is another form of suicide? Now, I lost a relative who tried to move a tree with his riced out Acura Integra during a race, the tree won...but the idiot had it coming, he was warned, he was told, but I guess he knew better. Call me cold, call me whatever, but if these idiots whack their own sorry selves without taking out an innocent driver or bystander, then hey, one less idiot to fuel the gene pool.

·
Whatever Man
2,678 Posts
As much as I agree with the sentiment that, "He got what he deserved," I have lost someone close in my family before and know how painful it is. I couldn't imagine losing someone close just because they were out being stupid.

·
i am joe dirt
1,875 Posts
Ryououki said:
Say I'm an ass if you wish, but he got what he deserves. I'm juts glad no innocent people got harmed due to his stupidity! If you are gonna drive fast you better sure as hell know what you are doing and know what it can get you into! I feel no sorrow for him as he did it of his own free will. All those people weeping for him need to realise he could have killed other people, and then there would be a reason to be sorrowful. Just my 2 cents.
god how can you say that i uderstand where you are coming from but no one deserves to die (well maybe osama but thats a diffrent story altogther) but what the hell dude thats wrong to say that about a person who was killed

·
PING? PONG!
663 Posts
this thread reminds me of what happend last thursday, how i almost died.. :(

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
I used to street race alot. I could have bought another car but I chose the 3/S platform for its ability to haul @ss in pure street mode. ANYWAY, after being chased by the cops one night I finally quit street racing. No, they didn't catch me but that doesn't make it any less of an eye opening experience. During the chase I was in total fight or flight mode, running on pure adrenaline, autopilot, and instincts. I did some STUPID things that I'm not proud of that endagered a few innocent people. I can't convey how pissed off I was at myself for being so dumb. :mad: Since then I do my best to resist the urge and take it to the track. Much safer there, lotsa comraderie, and you have quality feedback on your modifications. I'm not saying I won't race on a deserted farm road in the country...I just don't do it if there's even a remote chance of anyone not involved getting hurt.

BTW, if you ever want to find out how well your turbo car is tuned just instigate a chase with the police. :rolleyes: A couple minutes straight of full throttle / full braking will test your car to limits. If your car is not tuned right it will definitely bite you in the butt. Luckily mine held up. It was kind of cool getting out of the car and seeing my rotors glowing bright red. :eek: Not that I would EVER do it again in a million years. :(

·
Registered
260 Posts
hey old guys

have you completely forgotten what its like to be in highschol...?

Get off of your damn high horses.

·
Lord of Eagle's Reach
1,511 Posts
i personally will race almost anything that wants to - up to a reasonably safe speed for the road (100 for highways and about 70 for deserted in-town roads). what most people don't realize is that, while their cars may be awesome and able to handle all sorts of turns and launches and stuff on a track, the public roads are not made for such things. they are marvels of engineering, but they are not good enough for any kind of high speed racing. hit one pot hole and... it's just not worth it.
Matt

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
I don't believe he deserved to die. But trying to overtake a car which I assume means he was going to cut it off. Is pretty stupid at speeds of 100mph hour, turns you usually take at 50 feel a whole lot sharper. I speed daily, and I don't feel I am putting anyones life endanger. I do however feel people who insist on driving in the left lane are, thats a fucking passing lane not a driving lane. People don't seem to understand that.
Or these 2 old people that were in front of an Ambulance and kept hitting there brakes. I wanted to go punch that old lady, that person might be dead now because they couldn't get him to the hospital in time.

-Jeff

·
Lord of Eagle's Reach
1,511 Posts
hey bud, i drive in the left lane - i just keep passing people so, i guess it's ok ;o) what can i say, 3s cars just cruise so nicely at 80. and yes, i frequently check my rear view mirrior for people going faster than me. :)
Matt

1 - 20 of 33 Posts