Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a FBO 2001 mustang GT with a tune 120k miles and was offered a 1992 with 1996 conversion 3000gt vr4 with a jdm gto swap 60k it needs the same amount of work as the mustang does but I don't want to make a mistake trading for it. It comes with a new transmission and clutch/stuff for new trans , te37s and has 90k miles the mustang pops out in 4th some times and the vr4 grinds 2nd that's the only issues. Worth while trade ? Will i regret it ?

·
Super Moderator
21,219 Posts
I would say absolutely worth the trade but then you're on a 3000GT forum. I've never had a Mustang GT but from what I'm reading they have a solid rear and can run low 13s / high 12s with full bolt ons? An equivalent VR-4 (BPU) will run mid-high 12s but a totally different car to drive. Have you test drove the VR-4? Any thoughts compared to your Mustang? Like it better / worse?

Of course, new trans and TE37s ain't cheap. Those are some serious extras that you'd get!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Buy the Mustang:
-If you like the rumble of a V8
-If you like relative inexpensive car parts
-If you like a driving mostly straight
-If you like smoking your back tires
-If you often take your car to the mechanic because you can't figure something out
-If you are wondering if your paycheck is going to last until the end of the month
-If you like taking your car to any show and everyone recognizes it
-If you like going into the local parts store and being able to buy nearly every part for your car

Buy The 3000gt VR4:
-If you like the whine of twin turbos
-If you like driving on twisty roads
-If you don't want to own the same car as everyone else
-If you don't mind 3D printing parts or making them by hand because the used ones are all shot
-If you don't mind waiting for parts to arrive in the mail
-If you enjoy going to Cars and Coffee and only having a select few know what your driving
-The comradery of a small group of owners who are bound together by their unique cars

You can see by the number of people on this forum doing the LS-Swap that they are trying to have both the body style and the rumble of a V8.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts