Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of installing K&N Performance Kit on my base 95 3KGT.

What are the benefits (someone told me it doesnt help a whole lot on non-turbo models!)..

What do you guys think..any experiences?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a K & N FIPK on my '92 Stealth base model. I don't know about any additional horsepower, but the nice sucking sound it makes is worth the price. When you stand on it, it does sound sweet.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been thinking about getting one too. Where's the best place to order them from? Anybody know the best price? Are they a lot of trouble to install (I wouldn't think so, but you never know!).

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can find the kits for around $150 online. There must be some added benefits because I doubt anyone would drop $150 for just a "sucking sound" that just doesn't seem logical. I hear that the kits are not difficult to install at all.

·
3SI #1068
546 Posts
I am buying one for myself for Christmas... heh, anyway everywhere I look online its about 149 and thats good because trying to get one local costs around 180 for me... total b.s. overall they are just better for breathing in the car or any car for that matter

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Guys and Gals

Please make sure you also read other posts ! There is a kit called K&N AirCharger for 2nd gen DSMs. This comes with the same adapter for our cars and is available below $100. It fits our cars although the filter is a little oversized. The only difference is that it doesn't come with the two brakets that hold the MAS but you can do something simple that supports it. Result is the same as with the K&N FIPK.

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
You probably will not notice the difference. On most cars, you will see a gain of 5-10 hp. But that is only on the Top of the Top end! For normal driving, 0-5000RPMs, you won't feel any difference.

I am pulling my info from, Import Tuner and Turbo Magazine. in Import tuner for the Last couple of months, they have been adding small mods and Dyno'ing them. On those cars, NA and Turbo, the cars have been seeing a gain of anywhere from 3-11HP, normally on the very high end.

Tuan Luu

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I bought and installed my filter in about 30-45 minutes. I could tell an immediate difference even in the low end. Maybe my old air filter was that dirty? (hadn't thought of that). I think you will notice a change as soon as you pull out of you driveway. The extra power is not anything to write home about but like Coolstealth says it does make a neat sound!

Blk '93 VR4

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I installed the Aircharger, good quality and very easy to install. Noticed a little more responsiveness and quicker turbo spool-up. It must also be a little better for fuel economy.
But how do I support the thing since its not intended for 3000GT's? I'm thinking, metal wire to grab the stud on the filter and one of the bolts that used to hold the airbox.
Any suggestions?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BTW, got it from Bryan at GTPro (gtpro.com), for $85 +$12 shipping. What do the 3000GT MAS/filter support brackets look like?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts