Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here has purchased a K&N FIPK system for their Stealth or 3000gt. I wanted to know if the kit included an intake pipe... Better yet could you list all the parts it came with and the part number. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Don't have the part numbers but I can tell you what it came with.

(1)Intake filter
(1)MAS Adaptor
(2)Mounting Brackets
(?)All necessary Screws, bolts, and nuts
(2)K&N Stickers
(1)CARB Sticker

It does not come with an intake pipe as K&N doesn't make one for our cars. I purchased this one,click here, and I think it looks way better than the K&N made ones.

Here is a picture of my engine bay so you can see what it looks like. Click Here

·
Registered
206 Posts
The kit does not come with the intake pipe. It comes with the cone filter, MAS adaptor, and a bracket to bolt to the car. I got the Aircharger for the Eclipse (part number 63-1000) which is larger than the FIPK and cheaper. It does not come with CA certification- meaning it is for offroad use... read into that as you'd like. The Aircharger fits almost as good as the FIPK- I did have to bend the bracket that holds the filter to the car but that was a quick fix and saved me about $50 not getting a stupid sticker that says the state of CA likes it. Plus. the larger filter will theorhetically suck in more air. (probably about .0001% more)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
i am getting on of these K&N fipk setups for x mas
but are there two different gens of them?
gen1 and gen2?

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
The one for the 95-98 Eclipse GST has a bigger filter element (which is why I got that one). Here is a link to helo y'all out:

http://www.stealth316.com/2-knguide.htm

There is a god picture there that shows the size difference. FYI...I got mine at O'reily's Auto parts for less than $100.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Madrox said:
I have one. 57-1500 was the part number.
Mine too. When I first ordered it, they sent me the Eclipse one and I got pissed off and had them send it back and get me the correct one. He said it will work and I told him bullshit, get me the Stealth one.

I guess you learn something new everyday.:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts