Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First THings First. My car hasnt been running as good as it should be lately, so I decided to grab a can of SeaFoam and try it out. I followed the instruction and Put about 1/3 a the Can into the intake Via the Brake Booster hose. Sucked that shit up then stalled the engine useing what was left in the cup. Well, as I was sucking it up and manipulateing the Throttle I noticed that the car had already started to blow TONS of white smoke out of the Exhaust...my engine must have been dirty as shit. So, I waited 5 minutes, then went for a "casual" spin around the Back Roads. OMFG..what a difference..once the Smoke stopped(and there was a lot of it) the car ran better then the day I bought it. It had all its lost Pep back and I could now break the wheels free in 2nd gear..couldnt do that before I recomend this product to everyone..especially if you have over 100k miles on the engine. I have 118k by the way.

Now, on the the 2nd thing. As I am out working on the car and what not. I see the Neighbor kids and there Dad rakeing and Blowing leaves, I didnt think much about it at first then I looked up from the Engine and saw the Kids THROWING leaves and Blowing them Under and Over the fence into My Yard UGHHHHHHHHHHHH. Needless to say, I was pissed. We have enough of our own leaves to rack with out the punk neighbor kids throwing leaves over the fence. So, I yelled at there dad and told him to eather tell his kids to stop or I was gonna get out my Leaf Blower(HUGE Back Pack Blower that would blow a Geo away) and blow them right back along with all my leaves Needless to say, they stopped...but I was still pissed, thanks for letting me Vent.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
You may need to do a 2nd treatment. You can also get seafoam deep creep and spray it into the little pinky-sized hose that connects to the intake tube right before the throttle body.

·
Registered
402 Posts
SeaFoam

I keep seeing posts about this product; both good and bad. I think I might give it a try. My car has definately lost some of it's balls. Anyone know the best place to get it ($$$ wise?).

Lee

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Napa $6 a can.

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya Drew, I thought about getting the Seafoam Creep stuff and doing the top end again...couldnt hurt right :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
well since no one's gonna say it, nice job showing those little bastards who's boss!!! at first i thought it couldve been an accident, but you dont accidentally THROW leaves into someone's yard. kick their asses! :D

·
Registered
731 Posts
Some general questions
1.what is seafoam
2.what does it to
3. who hard is it to do it the first ime
4.where can iget some.

thanks
;)

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seafoam is an Engine Cleaning Chemical. I believe it was originaly designed for Marine Engines..Hence the Name.

It is used in the whole engine. You put some in your gas tank to clean up the Fuel sysytem, then you put some in the intake to clean out the Top end of the Engine. You also add some to your Oil to Clean out the Bottom half. It goes in and cleans out all the carbon and sludge and shit from the engine and expels it out the exhause..Hence all the White Smoke. It is very easy to use. You just pull off the Brake Booster hose and Suck it up into the plenum. They also have a spray can that you just spray into the Intake before the Throttle Body.

Hope this helped.

Oh ya, You can get it at Napa. $6 a Can

·
Registered
476 Posts
i saw an infomercial for a thing called Zmax. it sounded like sort of the same thing...

·
Premium Member
3,976 Posts
ooo you mean zmax with linkite? heh. the stuff thats supposed to make your metal WET? yeah dont count on that working.

seafoam? now can you use this anytime? or is it best to use it before an oil change.?

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
Did you see towely in tonights southpark? it was great. They kinda kicked hom out though, so we may never see him again...wanna get high? :D

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, I missed the 10 Oclock Southpark..Guess I will have to catch it at 12...hehe "I got it" "you remembered the Code?" "No, the Tune to Funky Town" HAHAHAHA damn, I gotta watch that again, thank god I have it on my Computer:D

Ohh ya, You can use the Seafoam any time I guess. I would only put it in the Oil if you plan on doing a oil change in the near future though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts