Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
post this link to our Auto's forum in another board. The point of this is because thie idiot named Wild Bananna posted this shit about VR-4's and mitsu's in general... is what he claim true? OR do you think its somewhat true?

Baka!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and I'm not trying to spam or advertise... its just that this fucker is pissing me off and I thought it would be best if someone with more knowledge would put this fucker in his place.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
If he had a brand new Z28 and could drive good then yea he probably would be able to beat a stock VR-4. I've heard the new z28s with a good driver can break into the 12's. But a VR-4 with mods should be right there with him or in front of him.
Of course there is always a chance that the VR-4 guy couldnt drive worth shit...then a lot more things could beat him.

-Jeff

·
Registered
606 Posts
ummm...mark i didn't read the whole thread, just from the 3rd-4th page. but what that guy was posting wasn't really too much of a flame. trust me i've seen alot worse. he mostly just needs to realize that he ran what is probably a stock VR4 and he is fairly well modded.
also, darktrail...he has a 300zx, not a Z28:p. and 12's out of a stock Z28? where'd you here that?

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
I'm not saying its common but I belive people have ran very high high high 12's in the brand new Camaros and Firebird.
I didn't read enough to see that he had a 300ZX hehe
Sorta like how Joe ran a 13.01 or whatever in his stock vr-4 but thats the fastest stock time we have seen though it is rare.

-Jeff

·
Registered
606 Posts
yeah, joe ran a 13.087 with his 96' R/T TT. i was there with a friend of mine who has a 99 TransAm with a K&N and a Flowmaster muffler and he was only running 13.3X but trapping 2mph faster than Joe. so they do have power, but 12's is a little :rolleyes:. there was also a new Z28 with a B&M shifter (and only 160 miles on the odometer:eek: ) running 13.4's. i know these are only two examples, but this was in near perfect conditions with very good track preperation and both were running consistent 2.0-2.1sec 60's which is about as low as you're gonna get with a stock-lightly modded LS1.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
160 miles lol......Aren't you supposed to break things and go easy for the first 500 miles. Guess his wont last to long.

-Jeff

·
Registered
725 Posts
I can see high 12's coming from the ss or formula but not the z28, but I don't really know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts