Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont have the money yet to purchase injectors and an a/f controller yet, but i was wondering how things would be if i was to just purchase the supra fuel pump, without increasing its voltage or anything. could i just put it in and not have any tuning problems? i will have my dsbc installed by then, but i was wondering if this is safe and possible. also, from my understanding, volume increases with the pump, right? so how big will my loss of gas milege be with this? thanks a lot in advance.

·
Senior Fanatic
6,011 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Yeah it's a safe mod ... and worth your while ... and very easy. I can do a fuel pump in about 30 minutes now ... just make sure you disconnect the fuel line under the car ... not on top of the tank.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
great, thanks a lot guys. in the future ill be using it for what it can do, but for now ill probably just get it and install it without supporting mods.

jeff lucious- i spent some time and read your whole writeup on fuel pump upgrades on your site, and i must say, it was well worth it! everything was very clear and gave me a MUCH better understanding about fuel pumps. thanks for advice everyone!:D

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
You do know you can edit your previous posts right? ;)

·
AEM Veteran
2,061 Posts
With the stock wiring, the stock fuel pressure regulator will do fine with the Supra pump. However, if you hotwire that Supra pump, the FPR can't return fuel fast enough, and your fuel pressure will run 10-15 PSI high at idle.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i know this pump can be bought from various aftermarket locations, but would it be the same if i was to get it directly from toyota?? im just curious, id order it from one of the major aftermarket suppliers just because they r easier to deal with in my opinion than a car company, but im just wondering if its the same.

·
1,568 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Best Price I found, Conicelli Auto Parts, Supra Pump $185 with filter.
Yeah, that's one hell of a price. I used to get them from the Toyota Dealership I worked at (cost plus 5%... supposed to be anyway) For $180

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
You shouldn't. I think they offer a discount to 3/Si members as well, don't they? Just in case....

·
1,568 Posts
I purchased the Supra pump from Conicelli on-line for the DSM price. You are not asked for a DSM member number so basically anyone can get it for $185.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'll sell mine for 140 shipped if you want it.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jays93VR4 said:
I'll sell mine for 140 shipped if you want it.
thanks for the offer, ill shoot you a pm when i make my final decision. im still debating whether or not to get it now or just wait untill i have the money to get injectors and a/f controler at once. but ill let you know, thanks for the offer tho. ill keep it in mind;)

·
Premium Member
5,976 Posts
Ordering the Supra pump from Toyota Conicelli at $185 went without a hitch. I just mentioned I saw their ad in the internet, and gave them the part number. I'm happy to report that my fuel economy didn't suffer after installing it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts