Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installation took about 5 minutes, very simple. i double checked all my connections and turned on the lights and was very happy with the brightness and color, it looked sweet. But for some reason i am having a problem with the passenger side light. It will not come on. The driver side has no issues at all. I have tried switching the working side wiring and ballast to the none working side to see if that would narrow down any issues, but nothing. I have tried mixing and matching the wiring and ballast between both headlights in all combinations and the driver side still continues to work fine but the passenger does not. I'm lost.. So I thought that i may have burnt something out, and returned to the factory bulb and it worked just fine :confused:

any suggestions??

·
Vr4 Addict
435 Posts
bulb in the new light ok? wiring issure? did you swap the complete driver side with the pass to see if that made a difference? pics?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i checked again just to make sure. The bulb is seated securely in the headlight, no scratches or cracks. And I tried swapping the wiring and ballast between both headlights, as well as different combinations, such as one wire with one ballast and then swapping it and using it with the other ballast, still only the driver side comes on.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, i fixed the problem :D ..

The kit it works very well i love the color. Its not too blue like a ricer, but more classy, like the acura TL color, which is what i wanted.

Here are some pics of the car in the daytime, and nighttime.
(sorry for the picture quality, still have the old moto Q, haha)

Love this pic

·
Registered
523 Posts
Really nice dude. Congrats!

·
EGR BLOCK TIME!
1,354 Posts
god i loved mine when i first got them.

·
3S Surgeon
2,818 Posts
how is the vision at night in the rain? I had a set of 8000K's that I loved, but when it would rain the way they lit the road I couldn't see anything. I think this was due to the color temp, I am looking for a new set now, I just am looking to see how different temps fare.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, I haven't had any vision problems in the rain. Now granted i haven't driven in "heavy" rain since i have gotten them, due to the temperature, but last week we had some light rain and i didn't notice any visibility problems.

·
3S Surgeon
2,818 Posts
Hey, I haven't had any vision problems in the rain. Now granted i haven't driven in "heavy" rain since i have gotten them, due to the temperature, but last week we had some light rain and i didn't notice any visibility problems.
that's good news. with my 8000k that was my issue is any rain really at all and it was like I couldn't see. I dont know why that was the case, but it sucked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts