Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought it I noticed that the previous owner had the FMIC upside down. I asked him y and he said to hide it so people dont get scared of the car. Well, I just took off the bumper and remounted it the correct way and it look good. The hardest thing to put back on was the damn bumper bolts by the headlights. I had to take out the headlights and it went alot smoother. took me about 3 1/2 hours start to finish. Not to bad if I do say so my self. I had to cut and file my nose so the damn pipes would fit. and I had to play with the brackets so the FMIC would fit right. All in all it was a good thing. Also changed my oil cooler lines Sunday and that went well. Easy as pie. Took an hour and a half. Did that at mywetdream's house. Again, thanks ryan.

Thanks for readin!

Sin

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I asked him y and he said to hide it so people dont get scared of the car.
LOL

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll post later. before and after

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

The brackets and bottom of the intercooler are alot lower now. they are sticking out of the bootom. Should I get a lip? I didnt even notice it till i woke up this morning. Guess thats what happens when you are working at 30 in the morning on your car

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

see the brackets? WTF? Why is it sticking out?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Mine are the same way, not as far as yours, but you can see them if you are far away or get low. I put mine down lower though for the fog lights. Just make certain you don't put it over a curb :)

David P.
Savannah, GA
1993 3000GT VR4 :: Mods :: New Short Block, APR Head Studs, Multi Layer Head Gasket, Port/Polish Heads, 560cc Lancer Injectors, 15G Turbos, 3.5 GM MAF With Translator, Dejon Blow Though Pre Turbo Pipes, 36x14x3 FMIC, 3inch Custom intake, 255 Walbro fuel pump hot wired, Fuellab Fuel Pressure Regulator, Precats removed, Greddy Type-RS BOV, Greddy E-01, AEM Wideband Air/Fuel, Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel, SPEC Stage 3 Plus Clutch, Steel front and mid transfer case upgrade, All sensors replaced, EGR block off, 3SX engine mounts, Ground wire kit, Iridium IX @ .028, and some other stuff :)

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So im not the only person who is like this? Thank god. Is there a way to hide it better? The studs are where they are you know?

·
Premium Member
5,349 Posts
before and after by chance? I am no a fan of how low that fmic is hanging.. guess you just went directly below the crash bar eh? I think if I were to keep it that way I would notch the crash bar a bit to keep the FMIC's botom the same or close to stock body lines..

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
before and after by chance? I am no a fan of how low that fmic is hanging.. guess you just went directly below the crash bar eh? I think if I were to keep it that way I would notch the crash bar a bit to keep the FMIC's botom the same or close to stock body lines..
here are the before pics when I first got it.

So, should I put it back the way it was? How can I get the brackets higher? My front right elbow isnt straight by the way, it has a slight upward curve to it. The left side is groovy

·
Premium Member
5,349 Posts
its mounting position looked better before IMO, however I am not a fan of how the DS pipe looked
So you have the right idea, but I think it would look better if you notched the crash bar so you could mount the IC a few inched higher, and fix how low that DS pipe swings/hangs.. what kit is it? custom?
How did you mount it differently from how it was mounted upside down? Looked like it was pretty flush before

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its mounting position looked better before IMO, however I am not a fan of how the DS pipe looked
So you have the right idea, but I think it would look better if you notched the crash bar so you could mount the IC a few inched higher, and fix how low that DS pipe swings/hangs.. what kit is it? custom?
How did you mount it differently from how it was mounted upside down? Looked like it was pretty flush before
He mounted it with the side bolts on the IC, and I mounted it on the bottom of the IC. There is no crash bar on it. Maybe i have to persuade my brackets to lift them up higher? I really did it on a whim last night at about 1 am. I finished around 4 and then was messing around till like 530 am. friggin tired. I went to get my hair cut and then took it to liberty point and snapped some shots.

basically, the entire kit was flipped around upside down, I had to switch all the piping and whatnot. I'm sure I can raise the brackets higher to flush out the IC more. Seems like my front lip is alot skinnier now. I like it alot better, but I think i have to buy a new right side elbow. see how it is not straight.

And the FMIC is a GT custom or something GT lol. It was on there already so not exactly sure. He said it was like 2500 bucks. lol....thats a lie

·
Premium Member
5,349 Posts
if it was gtpro he prob paid a bunch for it.. it doesn't look bad now just a little alignment / calibration will really set it off... G/L :)

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if it was gtpro he prob paid a bunch for it.. it doesn't look bad now just a little alignment / calibration will really set it off... G/L :)
I just took some more pics for 3kvr4's thread and i looked and it is a GT pro. I have no idea what brand that is so I'm assuming good? ;)

I'm going to work on the alignment in a sec.

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I fixed it. I used my car jack, on the brace to hold it up, loosed it, then tightened it down now it looks perfect!!

Here it is right before i did it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts