Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Pacific Islander
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any comments i lauched at 2500 rpms, and i have roadhuggers as my tires. i have a k&n and thats it. I want it to run faster, what should i do? i know i should be able to pull at 15.4 maybe fater time.

Dodge Stealth ES 91

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
If you can gut your cat then do that, you should really consider deciding which road you will choose, build it old school, or deal with bolt on's and NOS... old school I would port and polish the intake, head job, valve job, look into better gears and higher launch RPM's. Bolt ons and NOS??? dump 150HP NOS, and/or try to find a supercharger or look to Brian for his TT upgrade.

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
You really should be doing less than 15.4 stock. My 3000 Ran 15.41 stock. Your ES is much lighter, so my advice is to get a tune up and work on you shifting. Also, Try changing your fluids to Redline MT-90.

I don't know if it is the same for every one, but Redline in first is 42MPH, 2nd 70MPH and 3rd will rinish off the QM

Tuan Luu
1994 3000GT

M

·
0 Posts
That is not such a bad run for the ES, I'd be happy.
It all comes down to the basics of the speed game: How much do you want to spend to get there? Mike F

1 - 4 of 4 Posts