Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
corporate slave
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, all I have to say is, I have a 99 3000GT Base, and I like it, it's a good car, I got the exhaust, the intake, everything you can do the the 99base short of a supercharger (which i think is a waste of $4k)

well, i met RUINER today, and wow, that 97VR-4 took my bich a$$ for a ride...i mean, these VR-4's, they will haul! i've been obsessed, and i mean obsessed with the 3k's for a LONG TIME, but now, i'm like a kid in a candy shop...i finally understand why this message board is so big, and why all you guys are so damn nice, you have the greatest thing imagineable in your garage....so, someone give me a vr-4, please =(

props to my lil base though, i think i was hangin with him pretty well, or maybe he wasn't tryin...maybe he'll respond, i think he was tryin though, but all i gotta say is gezus, WHIPLASH AFTER SPOOL UP

okay, i sound stupid, bye~

·
Whatever Man
2,678 Posts
I rode in McVickerVR4's ride and that was my first ride in a VR4. I know how you feel about feeling somewhat shortchanged with the SOHC engine. Matt's car was hauling some ass!!!

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
My response: :)

Glad you enjoyed it.

·
Ferrari Nut
2,675 Posts
Until you get your VR-4, and I think you will if your desire is strong enough, think of you Base as the beginning to all that which is cool. After all, not all of us have these limited quantity Twin Turbo Supercars, so driving a non turbo car is doing your part as a fellow 3S'er to keep the car and its style visible to the rest of the world out there.

·
Registered
341 Posts
...think of you Base as the beginning to all that which is cool. After all, not all of us have these limited quantity Twin Turbo Supercars, so driving a non turbo car is doing your part as a fellow 3S'er to keep the car and its style visible to the rest of the world out there.
Damn right! I own a stealth base, and proud of it! I have built it up some. It holds it's own. That's all I ask of it. I know it can't touch a VR-4 (props to Liberty:D) but, it is in a class of its own. I run with the V6 'Stangs and Comaros. Besides, somebody's got to do it:cool:

·
In charge
1,814 Posts
Theres nothing wrong with a base, sl or rt at all. They are cool as hell and pretty quick. The TTs are the beasts though. Theres nothing quite like them and I'll never dream of wanting any less performance on any sports car I ever buy from now on.

·
OG *** Member
2,742 Posts
If you think lightly modded vr-4s are something, take a ride in a 357 magnum car. You will literaly shit/piss your pants. :)

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
I sat in pokeys cars and man O man is it fast! or atleast it seems fast but then again it still isn't running but hey in two weeks it will be done.

·
Registered
418 Posts
My first *real* drive in a turbo 3/S was MagnumForceGTO's 357'd car. I wonder if Brian still remembers the look on my face when we got into 2nd gear :)

4,448 Posts
i rode in a certain yellow '94 stealth (pearl green '93 ES adam) which runs a 12.7 and my response to that car is
HOLY SHIT :D
we did AWD slides, burnouts, chirping into 2nd, and a 140 mph run :) oh that was so damn much fun. drag racing from a roll and from a stop on a 4 lane highway :D

damn, i cannot wait to get some damn money to pay for this R/T TT that i'm getting :D

·
your mom
303 Posts
I have aspirations of owning a TT yet. I have had my share of fast cars though. In High School I drove a mid 11s 70 Baracuda and even though I was a dork, my car was the rage. All the guys wanted a ride, and the look on the cool guy's face when the dork dropped it in 2nd and her ass wagged all over was priceless... I miss my Cuda :rolleyes:

·
Dog Is My Co-Pilot
4,082 Posts

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
Whatever - Ruiner's car is SO slow
LOL :D Did he bog his launch?? j/k ;)

Seriously, his VR4 beautiful (something that mine definately lacks). But when y'all were racing, I don't think he was trying very hard hehehe.

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
matt92vr4 said:

LOL :D Did he bog his launch?? j/k ;)

Seriously, his VR4 beautiful (something that mine definately lacks). But when y'all were racing, I don't think he was trying very hard hehehe.
No, I didn't bog my launch. I also didn't destroy my clutch in the process. ;)

·
1 slick Mothafu*ka
2,287 Posts
Blackbird002 said:

LMAO probably he did :D
Hey, are you still looking for a supra? or are you just going to upgrade your turbos to satisfy your need for speed?
Seriously, if i had a VR-4 that's what i would do.
Personally, and i hope i don't get basehd for this, but i think having a VR-4 with stock turbos is as much of a sin as leaving a supra TT stock. But then of course, there's the money issue $$$$:D

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
No, I didn't bog my launch. I also didn't destroy my clutch in the process.
Ouch, hit a man when he's down! :p

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
matt92vr4 said:

Ouch, hit a man when he's down! :p
Well, it's TRUE! That's why I kept fucking up my launches. I knew that if I slipped the clutch too much, I would risk frying it. Fine line between slipping to get a good launch and slipping too much and just sitting there. Hence why I bogged... :) You had two great launches, I must admit. Not much I could have done about that anyway... We'll go from a roll next time. ;)

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
i actually made 1 of my friends give up on building his civic after a ride in my car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts