Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people...

New on the board and new to the world of 3000GT/Stealth. Just brought a Dodge Stealth, out the dealer and bang..engine die out.. Dealer fixing it right now at no cost. I was wondering what coulda happen. Heard clicking sound when I step on the gas throttle... then all of a sudden BANG, no more power....

Another thing is: what color should I paint the car? I got it from the dealer as stock blue.. looks ugly but, that's the only car I can put on hands on. I think black looks awesome, so does silver..... What color would you recommend?

Any comments?

·
Registered
434 Posts
paint it what ever color you want. It is your car and it is your choice. Just express yourself. The more expression the better. I have the blue with a bit of pearl in it so it changes color with different light angles. Be different and you will get noticed more. These cars are to be shown off so show it.

·
twc4life
1,519 Posts
Bah, the blue color on the 1st gens is a beautiful color in my eyes. I would love to have a stealth TT in that color. Congrats on the car but it sucks that you'll have to wait until they fix the engine but at least they are doin it free of charge. Black would look nice, but you dont see too many blue ones :D
-Gabe

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
What Year stealth did you get? I would go w/ silver w/ some gun metal rims. It would look nice. Also is dealer replacing the entire engine?

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
Blue Stealths Rule!!! more distinctive than the myriad of reds, whites and black ones out there. Stay with blue just customize it some.

By the way welcome to the board. Stealth owners are always welcome in my book.

I've done Medium teal pearl on mine (as a close comparison to the factory turquoise color) with ghost flames on hood, lower doors, trunklid and spoiler, with sea blue kameleon mini flake mixed in the blue paint, and Kamen blue flake, sea blue flake and fireball flake on the ghost flames. Can't see the flames in the sig pic, but can tell the color difference between avatar and sig.

Lord Warlock

·
Jordan
3,031 Posts
is it a twin turbo? Anyway, congrats on the buy, and welcome to the board. If the paint is pretty good, just keep it blue, you dont see very many blue 1st gen stealths running around. Good luck with whatever the dealership is trying to do.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Color is all on you, I got 91 stealth and painted it black with red pearl. Kinda wish i went with like a lego blue though. Personaly i would keep the stock blue, very pretty color

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
Which Blue do you have? the color code is on the aluminum tag mounted on the firewall inside the engine bay. L72 was called Napier Blue, which is a turquoise color, lighter shade than the dark blue seen in later years. Was only available in 91. Rarity may be a factor for you, there were only 92 TTs this color in 91. Sandstone beige was rarer and it looks nice. I also like the original cherry red color, but don't know the name of it.

lw

·
Registered
584 Posts
Is there a site where if I type in my paint code it will tell me the actual name of the color of my paint?

·
Registered
434 Posts
if you look on either the VIN or the lable on the firewall it will tell numerous information on your car. It will tell you the interior color and the paint code. You will have to look at the numbers to determine what it is. If you look at a web site that is somewhere on this site or search the past posts you will find the site. When you find the site just compare the numbers and you will find the information you need.

·
Damn Money Pit!!!
1,796 Posts
Yeah if you are anywhere in the central florida area the weekend after thanksgiving hit up the Daytona area and you can go to your first gathering!!! :) That is if the car is done...but you could always come just to hang out!!!

I'm wondering what model and what year???

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, got it back from the dealer.

Dealer said: Radiator leaked causing engine to overheat. Replaced radiator and new sensors.

Well, it took 24 hours for them to get it done. Which is not bad at no cost. Got the car back..real dirty.. went too Home Depot, brought some paint remover, tape, brush.... went to Discount Auto Parts, brought some Wheel Cleaner, Auto Polish, and Windshield Fluid....

Detailed the car from 10 a.m to 1:00 pm.... and WOW!!! that blue color really looked nice... so shiny, it looked like it was yet...

30 minutes later (1:30pm), went took it for a test drive... saw a Yellow Mustang that wanna race...I didn't wanted to abuse my car the first day I got it but the guy realy wanna see what I got..so waiting at the red light...... turns green and ooopsm looked it the rear-view mirror and can't see him... I chuckled so hard I can't hardly breathe...

Really, really, nice car... I'm glad I got it..
Thanks for all the replies..

·
Registered
434 Posts
Glad the everything worked out for you. Hope you enjoy the car. It will give you a great since of power once you get to know it. They have a personality and a sense of power that comes with them. Treat it good and she will never fail you.

·
mmm.. caffeine
3,868 Posts
Just watch out for spinning a rod bearing. :)

If you start getting low oil pressure at high RPMs shut it down. :)

Despite a few flaws these cars are really great. Know the trouble signs but enjoy the car. I know you will.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.