Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I was working on my old Honda CRV and took it out for a spin and fell upon a 92 dodge stealth sitting at the back of an alley. I left a note on the car... one thing led to another and I bought the car, running for $750 cad. It has issues, which I'm going to fix. It had an engine swap with a 3000gt (60k on the engine and trans) paired with a 5 speed manual. This is my very first car... and it is a project. Any other dodge stealth owners still active on the forums? All the threads I've been reading are from 2012 lol. Anyways, once I replace the fuel injectors on the car and have it running properly again (hopefully by the end of this month) I'd like to start finding a way to get more power out of the car. Anyways, hope to hear from you guys soon 馃榾.

- David

Registered
1991 Dodge Stealth ES 5sp
that seems like a great deal - congrats. there are a bunch of users here that still post regularly from what I've seen.

best of luck getting all the issues sorted! make sure you do the maintenance items first - I would go through it all if you are unsure of the service history. these cars can be a bit finicky if everything is not addressed.

Registered
Hey there, welcome fellow Canadian. Where are you located? I'm in Grande Prairie, Alberta and have a 92 3000GT VR4. Post some pics, and there's lots of good info and people on this site. There will be lot's of reading in your future for sure. Lol

Registered
Hi everyone,
I was working on my old Honda CRV and took it out for a spin and fell upon a 92 dodge stealth sitting at the back of an alley. I left a note on the car... one thing led to another and I bought the car, running for $750 cad. It has issues, which I'm going to fix. It had an engine swap with a 3000gt (60k on the engine and trans) paired with a 5 speed manual. This is my very first car... and it is a project. Any other dodge stealth owners still active on the forums? All the threads I've been reading are from 2012 lol. Anyways, once I replace the fuel injectors on the car and have it running properly again (hopefully by the end of this month) I'd like to start finding a way to get more power out of the car. Anyways, hope to hear from you guys soon 馃榾.

- David
David, welcome to your addiction. First you want to make sure everything is ship shape before you go all willy nillie to add power. I would strongly suggest three items right off the bat:

1) Blackstealth OBD2 converter
2) GOOD bluetooth OBD2 dongle
3) TorquePro data logger

With that setup you can see what the car is doing and monitor it in real time.

Registered
1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT
Discussion Starter #6
Hey there, welcome fellow Canadian. Where are you located? I'm in Grande Prairie, Alberta and have a 92 3000GT VR4. Post some pics, and there's lots of good info and people on this site. There will be lot's of reading in your future for sure. Lol
I'm just outside of Vancouver, BC. Ill post some pics when it finally stops raining back here lol 馃槀

Registered
1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT
Discussion Starter #7
David, welcome to your addiction. First you want to make sure everything is ship shape before you go all willy nillie to add power. I would strongly suggest three items right off the bat:

1) Blackstealth OBD2 converter
2) GOOD bluetooth OBD2 dongle
3) TorquePro data logger

With that setup you can see what the car is doing and monitor it in real time.
Thanks for the tip, I'm pretty new to this... I've only ever worked on smaller inline 4 engines. Do you have a link for the parts you said I should get? I was reading a thread by jrhorne but his links no longer exists. Datalogging using Torque Pro App and BlackStealth鈥檚 OBD1...

Registered
Just send him a PM. BlackStealth

Great guy to work with, makes an outstanding product. I don't like driving my car without the converter and TorquePro. I feel naked without it.

There are other Android apps as well, someone will chime in with them shortly.

Registered
Welcome! There are indeed still '91-93 generation Stealth owners like you, on this very forum. :)

I picked up a '92 Stealth R/T myself, fairly recently. DOHC NA automatic, but that's fine for a hobby car. Actually, your post makes me realize I need to post my own introduction, as well!

Registered
Hi everyone,

- David
Hi David,

I just bought a 92 Dodge Stealth TT about 2weeks ago. I have been looking for a VR4 for the past 5 years but they have been too expensive and hard to find one in mint condition. I already have a 1993 3000GT Which I now going to sell (fully customized).
. The Stealth might need some work costing about $4000 to get it to how I like to customize mine. Take a look at my 3000GT I actually just sold.

Registered
1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT
Discussion Starter #15
I had the seats done in El Paso Texas cus it was cheaper
Really nice build and really love the car. Unfortunately when I went to pick up the stealth the entire electrical system gave up... that was for the best as I found a 1999 3000gt and ended up buying that instead (bought it 3 days ago). It needs some work, the handbrake got ripped from the floor and the engine light is on displaying p0340 (camshaft sensor) and P0335 (crankshaft sensor)... I'm planning on creating a discussion about that soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts