Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not that the piping has come in- should this week however.

But the news I wanted to tell you all is this- we've gotten Jayson's 91 VR4 back up with the non mandrel bent prototype dumps on it- and last night I kicked it up to 17psi. Normally your peak holds only a split second that high- and then drops to like 12 and then down to 9 or 10psi.

Well, we hit 17 psi by like 4000 rpm, and held 17 psi til 5000- then held 15 til like 5700 and 13 psi til redline.

:)

He pulled a gtech run after he dropped me off- .98 volts, and 0 knock- pulled a wussy 13.3 @ 111mph 93 octane pump. He said he rode the clutch all of first (hence the crap time) - it shows on the datalog even. Looking at the log- he had a good half second to second he could have pulled out of just the shifting.

Just thought I'd post SOMETHING- no one is on much in the last 5 days- and the board needed something fun to talk about.

Oh, and the main page is finally updated- please feel free to check it out and give input- the rest of the pages should be updated to the new format soon.

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
sounds good

this all sounds great, lets get some 14B adapter plates and dumps ready for spring when we all pull the cars out and start beating them....i just envy you guys who live down south and can drive your cars all year! good luck with the dumps...they sound like an excellent investment.

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
My car's boost will do exaxtly as you described but with precat eleminators. I assume the dumps will be cheaper and therefore sound like the route to go, plus they sound wicked at WOT :)

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
I want.

:D

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
hurry up with these!!

im writing my letter to santa as we speak, i need to know whether or not to include these on the list!

·
Boost Leak Veteran
1,454 Posts
Shadowfax

Im guessing these will be for sale after Christmas? (Just judging from your posts etc...) If they are gonne be ready before Christmas then I probably just found my second x-mas gift! :D

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dunno yet- we are cutting it way too close- we got our stuff done- but now we're just twidling thumbs waiting on the CNC shop for the plates, and who knows what on the piping for the dumps!

The nice thing is that the CNC shop once we get this first set done, can schedule us in the future. The piping we'll start getting from a CNC bender here locally- but due to the amazing setup costs, we have to use them for batch ordering- or excess once we have some decent fundage. So in the future these things won't be an issue- it's just the one off type nature that is screwing us over.

If the plates get done at the CNC shop- we can still make Christmas- the dumps... we're gonna wait we get positive feed back from at least 3 people. Once they ship- it will be up to the testers to let you all know. I suspect that the feed back will be good.

Hopefully my sis-in-law doesn't have her kid until early next week, cause if the weather is good- we're gonna try and hit the track saturday at noon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts