Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I had fixed my ecu problem but not.Before I took the ecu to have them rebuild, at a throttle above 2500rpm the rpm gauge would jump down(even when I have depressed the accelerator all the way down)and then back up again.It will not go above 2500rpm.This is the same symptom when I am driving, the car jerks with the check engine light on.I could also hear an elctrical short in the ecu.After the ecu rebuild there is no short but this problem is still there.It idles fine with the check engine light on and it just sometimes dips to about 600rpm.
Could someone tell me the symptoms of a bad crank angle sensor or EGR valve.I am buiying an analog voltmeter tomorrow to retrieve the codes but I needed an opinion.

BTW my no start condition 2 weeks ago was too much gas on the plugs due to cranking while the ecu was not present.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Info to read the diag codes is confusing

Check out this site and please tell me which is true.http://www.3si.org/member-home/stim3/tim_08-04.gif

Andy is saying the opposite of what the manual says:

"Under the driver's side dashboard you'll see a plastic block about three inches sqaure with a hard black cover on it. This is one of your fuse panels. Attached to the right of that is a slim, tall, plastic block, which ought to have a soft black plastic cover on it. This is your diagnostic connector. Conveniently, it is located such that you need three arms and a few more knees to get at it.
Pull the cover off, and you'll see two vertical columns of pins, numbered as pin 1 (top left) to pin 5 (bottom left), and pin 6 (top right) to pin 12 (bottom right)".
The locations of pin 12 ,5,1 etc. is different in both infos.
I also thought you just plug the voltmeter in the ground(for neg connector of the voltmeter)and the other lead goes to another specific pin #.
Which is which????

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thank FAQ!

Just got down doing the diags with an analog voltmeter.
I came up with a code 14.-Harness & connector, Replace sensor, Idle position switch.
Now where is the idle position switch?I already know where the TPS is located.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone ever installed a TPS sensor?

I bought the TPS sensor and installed it.I am still having the same symptoms with the same code 14.It seems there is a trick in installing this sensor.It looks like this sensor needs to be in an angle when the notches go in..I am still having the same symptoms but not as often.Feels like a fuel cut and it sometimes shuts off at idle.
What is the trick to this install?.There are two metal notches on the intake side and I know they must go into the plastic housing(holes).I am installing this sensor when the throttle position is at
90 degrees.Is there a trick to this?
If not then I am just going for a new ecu.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.