Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what kind of mods it would take to fit a vr4/jspec engine into a 1G talon.

the engine bay probably isnt big enough so some cutting will probably have to occur..but how much?

is there any chance of the trannies matching up? if not can i use a 3s tranny in the talon? how bout the clutch? any feedback would be a big help. thanx
-Greg

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
i suppose the tranny would mate up, because the TT engine will mate to the 5spd in the non turbos, and the 5spd is shared between our NAs and the T/E/Ls, sooooo, most likely itll bolt up, as long as you can cram that bastard in there.

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
The 5 spd internals are similar on the NA 3Ss and the FWD DSMs, but the casing is not. They're both F5M series gearboxes, but they're not the same model.

As for the motor, good luck. I don't think you'd have to worry about width too much, but the motor is pretty deep, especially with the turbos. You'd be a lot better off just building up the DSM motor in the first place. It's cheaper, will give you better results, and has a LOT more real world testing and development than our motors do.

·
You break em, we fix em
1,266 Posts
Wont fit. No way in hell. I have 2 of each. The cost of completely gutting and making all kinds of custom stuff - motor mounts, CV shafts, electronics, EVERYTHING why would you want to do it?

It is cheap and easy to BPU a TEL to run 12s or faster. They cost 25% of what it costs to do a 3S for the same performance.

For instance:

Turbo upgrade for TEL to GREAT turbo like Frank Jr or 20G - $800-$1000 used all over for even cheaper. 16G can be had for $500 brand new.

Comparable 2 15G turbos for 3S - $2000 or more.

Exhaust, everything is DIRT CHEAP - look on www.dsmtrader.com.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I agree......I was thinking about putting a heavily modded turbo 4 from a DSM into my ES. Super cheap and easy mods.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx for all the help, i was thinking light car, awd, v6...that fucker would move. but guess its not worth it. i had a dream about it last night and laid in bed for like 45 mins this morning thinking about it. just had to ask. thanx
-Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts