Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

441 - 452 of 452 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Your brake lines aren't even secured from flopping around. What's to stop it from getting sucked into the axle or snagging the tires under full lock? Or rubbing on whatever until it fails? I can't believe you think that's acceptable to do, go ask any real mechanic if that looks ok and let me know what they say.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
OK

1: I'm still waiting for your valid explanation as to why a Banjo bolt MUST be used for the brakes to "work". Seriously, Mitsubishi didn't even use Banjo Bolts on the OEM 3000GT Calipers lol The fact that you actually think they are needed or it "won't work" is hilarious.

2: The line isn't secured because i just connected it to illustrate the fact that the STM fittings/Lines can be used directly to the Caliper. In reality there is only enough slack in that line to have full articulation lock to lock. By running the line through the OEM Brake line black in the wheel well with a rubber grommet there is no where near enough slack to come close to a tire or the axle at any time. Theoretically you could run them this way relatively safely though i probably won't and will make a brake for them.

3: Don't be a tool. You can take that "Real Mechanic" shit the fuck outta here... I didn't say i was an F1 Engineer over here but i am also not so dumb that i think a specific type of fitting is needed on a hydraulic line to make a brake caliper work... SMH

Im done here

Attachments

·
I feel the need for speed
741 Posts
1. You don't seem to understand that the thread type is totally different, a tapered thread which relies on its shape to seal, is not intended to go into the Brembo caliper. A banjo fitting relies on the washers on either side of it to seal properly and the threads are straight cut so it threads into the caliper a good 1/2". You are putting a wedge shaped thread into a tube shaped hole and only using a small portion of its threads, plus you are forcing that hole open to make a seal.

You're right, Mitsu didn't use a banjo because its cheaper and not really needed for this application, but do you think the banjo fitting exists because someone just wanted something more complicated or because its better? Its a superior fitting when used properly.

You also don't seem to get that the fluid path is different. Look into the caliper hole, the OEM has its fluid entry path directly at the back of the hole. The brake line is designed to mate up with that, and if I'm not mistaken, the hose fitting matches up to it as part of the sealing mechanism, its a flare fitting. The Brembo does not have that path at the end, its designed to have fluid flow out of the sides. There is no flare fitting, there is nothing to seal the fitting from leaking except for the thread to thread contact of 2 different shaped types of threads. Bottom line, its wrong. I'm trying to help you here but you're being very stubborn about what you think you know.

2. You're the one that showed this as if its a finished product, that's on you. Furthermore, I have no idea why you think those lines, which are only designed to replace the hard lines you cut out to eliminate the ABS, are supposed to be connected that way and you should abandon all of the factory lines and fittings. Its designed that way with safety and durability in mind, it blows my mind how you somehow think its extra now. The worst part is you have been getting away with it for this long. You're lucky, no other way to put it. Just because it works, doesn't mean its right.

3. I'm not being a tool, you are. I'm offering you sound advice and pointing out a huge error you're making in your assumptions about a complex hydraulic system. Rather than accept you have been making a huge mistake that hasn't gone wrong yet, you are fighting to try to justify why its fine. If you haven't figured out that I know what I'm saying yet, go ahead and ask someone who knows these cars if using whatever fitting you like is ok. Go send those pics to Hans, Chris or Ray P and see what they say. If you value your life and safety, you'll do that. I don't give a crap what happens to you but YOU should.

OK

1: I'm still waiting for your valid explanation as to why a Banjo bolt MUST be used for the brakes to "work". Seriously, Mitsubishi didn't even use Banjo Bolts on the OEM 3000GT Calipers lol The fact that you actually think they are needed or it "won't work" is hilarious.

2: The line isn't secured because i just connected it to illustrate the fact that the STM fittings/Lines can be used directly to the Caliper. In reality there is only enough slack in that line to have full articulation lock to lock. By running the line through the OEM Brake line black in the wheel well with a rubber grommet there is no where near enough slack to come close to a tire or the axle at any time. Theoretically you could run them this way relatively safely though i probably won't and will make a brake for them.

3: Don't be a tool. You can take that "Real Mechanic" shit the fuck outta here... I didn't say i was an F1 Engineer over here but i am also not so dumb that i think a specific type of fitting is needed on a hydraulic line to make a brake caliper work... SMH

Im done here

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
1. You don't seem to understand that the thread type is totally different, a tapered thread which relies on its shape to seal, is not intended to go into the Brembo caliper. A banjo fitting relies on the washers on either side of it to seal properly and the threads are straight cut so it threads into the caliper a good 1/2". You are putting a wedge shaped thread into a tube shaped hole and only using a small portion of its threads, plus you are forcing that hole open to make a seal.

You're right, Mitsu didn't use a banjo because its cheaper and not really needed for this application, but do you think the banjo fitting exists because someone just wanted something more complicated or because its better? Its a superior fitting when used properly.

You also don't seem to get that the fluid path is different. Look into the caliper hole, the OEM has its fluid entry path directly at the back of the hole. The brake line is designed to mate up with that, and if I'm not mistaken, the hose fitting matches up to it as part of the sealing mechanism, its a flare fitting. The Brembo does not have that path at the end, its designed to have fluid flow out of the sides. There is no flare fitting, there is nothing to seal the fitting from leaking except for the thread to thread contact of 2 different shaped types of threads. Bottom line, its wrong. I'm trying to help you here but you're being very stubborn about what you think you know.

2. You're the one that showed this as if its a finished product, that's on you. Furthermore, I have no idea why you think those lines, which are only designed to replace the hard lines you cut out to eliminate the ABS, are supposed to be connected that way and you should abandon all of the factory lines and fittings. Its designed that way with safety and durability in mind, it blows my mind how you somehow think its extra now. The worst part is you have been getting away with it for this long. You're lucky, no other way to put it. Just because it works, doesn't mean its right.

3. I'm not being a tool, you are. I'm offering you sound advice and pointing out a huge error you're making in your assumptions about a complex hydraulic system. Rather than accept you have been making a huge mistake that hasn't gone wrong yet, you are fighting to try to justify why its fine. If you haven't figured out that I know what I'm saying yet, go ahead and ask someone who knows these cars if using whatever fitting you like is ok. Go send those pics to Hans, Chris or Ray P and see what they say. If you value your life and safety, you'll do that. I don't give a crap what happens to you but YOU should.
Thank you for acknowledging what i was saying from the start. The rest of your post is complete nonsense that i won't even bother responding to any further. Go bother somebody else with your "expert opinion" that i didn't ask for. Enjoy your car, i know i will enjoy mine :)

I'm done Hijacking this thread.

·
Color: Arrest Me Red
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #444
Thanks guys. I recommend stock design setup with the 3sx Evox adapter lines.

·
Color: Arrest Me Red
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #448
Quick question... Would front Evo 8 hub with knuckle fit on the front axles?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Huh?
Have you read the first couple posts in this thread?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Is anybody running an fwd steering rack with the customer outer tie rod ends? I need to replace my steering rack and Im having trouble finding a TT rack so I may have to switch to a fwd one. Need to know if the outers will still work.

441 - 452 of 452 Posts