Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
I went with a custom set of JE pistons. I had them made to my specs and them ceramic coated. Both companies have good reputation and make good products. It all boils down to personal preferance. If you ask me I will recomend the JE pistons.

Paul
92RT/TT

·
Just another addict.
1,269 Posts
I myself have JE pistons and I cannot complain about them at all, so far no trouble with them and I recommend them to anyone whose interested.
Paul.

·
Big Kid
2,781 Posts
I think that all the aftermarket pistons are good. JE ROSS OR WISCO but WISCO is the best as far as price goes

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I will go with JE....

I have JE pistons in my car and i also got it for a really good price.The only Ross set i will buy is from GTPRO because they had made the 13 different changes for their spec.The Ross that Steve(Stealthy3000gt) had keep on breaking the wrisp pin.I think he did it twice and decided to sell the car.

·
Maroon replaced w/red
228 Posts
BIGKASH said:
thanks everyone...I plan on getting JE custom made with total seal rings, cost $899 from :

http://www.racetep.com/
I hate to tell you, BUT most of us from the StarQuest community have had nothing but trouble from TEP. Problems range from wrong parts delivered very late to outright lies and ripoffs. One guy sent his Quest from NY to TEP in CA and spent over $15,000.00 for them to make a killer car. When he got it back 1 year later it was not running well at all. He had to spend another $1000.00 to have someone else fix thier screwups.

You might want to think about alternatives.

John

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
GT-PRO/ROSS as they are especially made to some better specs, larger ringlands, better scirt, etc. If price is no issue then these are the way to go.
Second are Manolia, material and quality are thumbs up.
JE are the cheap solution for smaller wallets.
Ceramic coating pistons is only recommended for the top not the side.

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
Kash, since JE are cheap, you might as well get ross pistons and total seal rings from di93es for $800. Sounds like better pistons at a better price.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks again guys for changing my mind:D

ok I'm going with ROSS pistons, thanks matt i got your email...
I just have to wait for my profit sharing plan end of this year.

·
vehicular thaumaturgist
8,289 Posts
I myself have JE pistons and I cannot complain about them at all, so far no trouble with them and I recommend them to anyone whose interested.
Paul, what sort of piston-to-wall clearance are you running, how long have you had them, and what sort of boost are you running? I have custom JE pistons in my car now (still reassembling it) and I'm worried that the .0037 piston-to wall clearance will be too little.

Thanks,

-Chris Wood

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
I'm adding pistons this winter to my car. I believe I'll follow Trevor's lead with the Wiseco pistons. Fairly inexpensive and helped power his car to 11.80's in STREET TRIM.

;)

·
4,613 Posts
I dont think the total seal rings are included in the $800 price tag I think they are $850 for the total seal rings... I have also heared not to go with the gapless desing but to get total seal classic set. hope this helps... btw di93es is a great guy and so is his dad a real joy to work with! I have decided to stick with reputible shops and nice people wether it is a little more or not. (cost wise) you will learn after you have some problems with getting parts in a tmely manner... so far the shops that are awesome are,

di93es
GTPRO
Dynamic Racing
3sxperts.com has been great but busy
mvpmotorsports

and as of now they are the only place that will get my business... ordered my arp rod bolts somewhere else and dont know how long they are going to take to get here. :(

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Kash I can get you either Je or Ross or Srp pistons(some reason N/a's readily more available).If you call me or my dad tomorrow at the shop we can get you some price quotes Fairly quickly(within an hour or so).
I would like to thank Brainfood Bryan for his kind words,doing business with him has been a pleasure.Keep in touch with me I think I have an ARP connection.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts