Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Great news, i only hope they had a link to Johns posts and evidence towards this matter.

·
Just lucky I guess.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Well spotted again Matt.

" Notice to show cause why disciplinary action should not be taken " seems kind of like pointing a feather duster in someones general direction.

I know for a fact that fair trading and crimestoppers have had evidence fed to them for sometime.
They could of compared Japan auction sheets, Japanese dealer adverts, Export Certificates sposed to be held at the compliance workshop and the CIN136 forms the customers were sposed to get from the dealer, at least three years ago to my knowledge. Probably years before that as well.
By law they have the right to enter premises and examine records which must be kept, at any time.

Meanwhile dealers have had time to restructure financially and legally.
Govt has also given them an out with the Dec 1, 2014 disclosure forms. ( Did a bit of research there and looks like under that legislation, the dealer is sposed to give the customer a copy of the CIN136 form even if he is not the compliancer. Thats a plus, specially if the customer asks to see that form when enquiring about the vehicle, and is smart enough to get an export certificate before he hands all his money over )

Lots of customers, young people starting out buying a dream, other people who need a wheelchair access vehicle all ripped off, are unfortunately most likely to get zero.
A long ways yet from satisfaction of seeing anyone out of business or behind bars.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Also note though, they mention ANYONE knowingly selling a vehicle with odometer tampering faces $22k per offence in fines and 10 years imprisonment.
That's targeting the individual, not the business, so there is hope yet.
This is why I left the place in the short amount of time that I was employed by the scum. I got a tip off by John and did my own little investigation, confirming a couple of cars with lower k's than what John could read on their deregistration certificate. As soon as I found this out, I told him to shove the job. I was foreseeing this day and no way would I tarnish my name and reputation, further more, put myself in jeopardy of becoming a criminal like him.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Driving past Edward Lees I see he has a VW Kombi split window fetish going on, had 4 of them for sale, probably with some big pricetags.

·
Just lucky I guess.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Nothing has changed since February.
Seems to me some dishonest members of the Motor Traders Association are protected by the goverment.
One of the worst is now trading under a completely different new name. Same address, same phone number.
Fair Trading and the police force are a complete waste of time on this issue.
Goverment is backing the crooks.

Only protection you got against speedo rewinding, buying a TT GTO from 96 on is seeing an export certificate from Japan.

·
Just lucky I guess.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
I linked you all to this very interesting car in useless banter a few weeks ago.
It went up for auction about the 24th of sept 2014 with 140,148km.
It is a significant car. It is the last Silver TT MR ever made. Z15A0600287
You could have bought it yourself and landed it here with a genuine 140,148km for about $10,500 Landed and complied.

Auction sheet. ( Note it has "R" for repair ) Has had an accident. Problems with Right front panel and radiator support. Bonnet replaced.
In my opinion that's still OK buying at $10,500 Landed and Complied.

It must be on its way from Japan. Advert has turned up on Ebay with pics from Japan.
You can buy it from a dealer now for $23,888. ( With an optional stripe )
Advert says nothing about repairs and does not tell us how many km.
If you are in the market just remember the auction sheet where the honest sellers in Japan recorded 140,148km and "R" for repair and you could have got it here yourself for about $10,500 total.
Always do your research. Get an export certificate.

Current topic on facebook ATM. Will save you searching the whole thread.

·
Just lucky I guess.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Don't be fooled, its the same car !!!
Looks like it is in Sydney. Got a video and some cosmetic changes but it is still poor old Z15A0600287 that had 141,148km about 9 weeks ago.

This is how it was presented for sale.
Others have come up second ( or more ) time around in the last year or so.

Moral problem for me is I don't mind letting you all know when its a crooked MTA dealer ripping off a customer.
But when its a victim reselling, they may or may not even know.

Same thing, when you see a mate having trouble with a car they think is low km ( 100,000km ) or less, but is actually closer to 200,000. Do you tell them ? or not ?

TT GTO is a good reliable vehicle.
Really sad how in Australia a few dishonest dealers have pretty much destroyed the value and reputation of a great car.

Before you buy any later model GTO in Australia get an export cert.
They are not all wound back.
The crooked dealers bring in honest cars as well sometimes. Thats one of the ways they confuse the poor useless goverment prawns supposed to be on our side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys, this car is for sale again on carsales, I researched it hence finding this thread. I have made the new owner an offer.

Could I ask if there is a list of vins and information? I only ask because i noticed ruralgto says this is one of the last silver gto's made.

Sorry for reviving an old post.

·
Just lucky I guess.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Hi Guys, this car is for sale again on carsales, I researched it hence finding this thread. I have made the new owner an offer.

Could I ask if there is a list of vins and information? I only ask because i noticed ruralgto says this is one of the last silver gto's made.

Sorry for reviving an old post.
This car, Z15A0600287 is indeed the last Silver TT MR GTO ever made.
It is also the second last TT MR GTO.
The last being TT being Z15A0600289.
287 is a significant car, pity the clock got wound back.

You can find a list at the start of the " Gen3 serial numbers and more " thread in the Aussie section.
I got the type description wrong in a couple of columns copying the list from paper to the thread.
Got to get Scotty to help me change that sometime.
But all the numbers part, options etc is pretty right but for a couple of corrections you will find in the thread.

Good that you are going in to it with your eyes open knowing the real km.
Me, being able to say that has made this thread worthwhile. Thankyou.
Best of luck. Hope you get the car.

·
Just lucky I guess.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
What do you need John? Link me and I'll change what you need...
Hi Scotty.
Saw you were online now. Tried the phone. Bout time we caught up.
Dumb rural me, hasn't figured out linking on windows 10 yet so sent a PM.
Had Windows 6 & 7 down pat, computer got eaten by a virus, now they gone and sold me windows 10. Still learning.
John.

·
Just lucky I guess.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #175

·
Just lucky I guess.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #178 (Edited)
Hey Rural,

Do you know if the last black gto tt is in Australia or have you ever seen it come up at auction?
Yes, Last Black Z16 TT is currently registered in Qld.
I reckon fair chance it would be the last Black TT. Came with leather interior too so I imagine must be a stunning vehicle.

The last Black Z15 MR TT is end July 2000 production as well, but it is 14th from the end of Z15 chassis production.
Thats why I reckon the Z16 in Qld would get the gong for last Black TT.
You would have to check engine numbers and date on the fuel tank and door cards to be sure.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes, Last Black Z16 TT is currently registered in Qld.
I reckon fair chance it would be the last Black TT. Came with leather interior too so I imagine must be a stunning vehicle.

The last Black Z15 MR TT is end July 2000 production as well, but it is 14th from the end of Z15 chassis production.
Thats why I reckon the Z16 in Qld would get the gong for last Black TT.
You would have to check engine numbers and date on the fuel tank and door cards to be sure.
Thanks Rural, I'll have to keep an eye out for it. How much are 99s going for these days anyway?

·
Just lucky I guess.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Thanks Rural, I'll have to keep an eye out for it. How much are 99s going for these days anyway?
In the last four years I have seen from about $5,000 unregistered with problems to about $50,000 in good order and registered on road.

161 - 180 of 180 Posts