Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
quote Ralliart3000GT:

J-spec (GTO TT) has 11G turbos for all tt models.

The reason why J-spec used 11G is mainly because of N1 race ragulation.

The Gs are good for high rpm pick ups, comparing to Bs, which is good for N1 races where Mitsubishi compete with GTRs.

N1 race regulates its race car racing with stock turbos.
Mitsubishi racing built and used hybrid 13G turbos for N1, which violate the regulation but no one knew the turbos were special made at that time because all Gs are so identical.

The 9Bs are designed to provide low RPM pich ups. Mitsubishi put 9b for U.S. spec because U.S. customers perfer low rpm pick up similar to the characteristics of other U.S. made competitors(Mustang, Camaro e.t.c.).

I am sure Mitsubishi considered puting 9b because U.S. customers are picky about turbo lugs

I am from Tokyo, Japan. Now I live in Saint Paul, Minnesota.

I drive VR4s here, and drive 3rd gen R32 SKYLINE GTR in Tokyo when I am there.

Ralli Art 3000GT

I'm gonna have to see this one is writing. Are you telling us that ALL "TT" models meaning ONLY the GTO TT have these and That the MR has something else or do you actually mean that ALL J'spec Turbo Z15/Z16 GTO's have 11G's fitted? if you are saying that, then please clarify why most J'spec motors purchased here in the US have had 9b turbos strapped to them. ppl are taking off the 11G and replacing with 9B in Japan?

I can't even think right now. Your entire statements make NO SENSE TO ME. Can we see something about this whole "Mitsubishi Cheating in N1" in writing too? Is N1 SOOOOOOOOO Slack that they didnt even check to see if a turbo was in spec? I had NO IDEA JAPANESE RACING WAS SO BACKWARD. Just Weigh the fooking compressor wheel. I seriously hope you can back up these statements.

While were at it... what exactly is your connection to Ralli//Art? Your a liscensed distributor? How much for one of those MR rear ends, the better geared ones?

:mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu:

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
ralliart, I had a j-spec motor shipped to me for my old vr4. it had one 9b and one non-9b turbo on it. Do you know why this may have been? does the 11g look like a 13g? how can you tell the difference?

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
I thought this had been discussed enough on here and the proof had showed that NO Jspec GTO came with a larger turbo than the US spec. Only the Euro Spec came with a stock 13G turbo.

Matt,
An 11G would look a lot like a 13g, the only way to tell would be to take the housing off and measure the diameters of the Inducer and Exducer...

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
I need further investigation, regarding 11G and 9B issue.

I found out that J-spec had 11G during a talk with Mitsubishi techs in Japan last year. But he might mean MR had 11G. I will ask them if they have a document about this regards. I will update further info when I get data from them.

11Gs (Gs)have 5 pairs of different height blades where as, 9Bs (Bs) have 12 blades with equal height.

RALLIART dosen't sell racing parts to the public. So there is no distoributors. RALLIART Goods and street performance parts are sold by RALLIART dealers in Japan.

I am working on my Spyder VR4 right now. I got a remaining real N1 6G72 motor and 13G hybrid turbos from MITSUBISHI, Japan. I am working on a few new parts with them as well.

Regarding Hybrid LSD, the Hybrid uses helical gear instead of multiple disks for stock biscus LSD.

Hybrid is activated by torque inputs, where as, Biscus is activated by disk rotation difference.

Hybrid is a lot accurate and responsive LSD, comparing to the stock Biscus. Hybrid LSD makes fulltime 4WD car turn in fast and maintain high cornering speed.

Ralli Art 3000GT

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
right, we all know the difference between b and g series turbos (and more for that matter, as stated above) but it seems that everyones turbos match Jeff L.'s site list (by actual part numbers). I am SURE that NOT ALL J'spec cars came with 11G's. Its possible I guess that the Eurospec and SOME J'spec cars came with 11G's and ppl just thought they were 13G's since the only real difference should be a slight A/R diff.

If all J'spec cars came with 11G's that would mean that a LOT of Japanese were DOWNGRADING their cars by fitting 9B's to them.

I also dont understand how an 11G is an illegal turbo for N1. Is 13G legal? cuz it should build more power (peak). So why would a SMALLER turbo be an advantage? and an advantage worth CHEATING for?

As for the "no data on tuning these cars"... we have TONS of data :D .

The 11G's seem to use the same compressor housing as the 9b's... perhaps a drop in replacement? a G style wheel that fits in the stock compressor with NO modification?

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
I contacted with MITSUBISHI Japan.

The 11G was installed in GTO MR with AP Racing 6Pot Calipers, and Hybrid LSD model.

The "SAITAMA," and "DOUOU" Interstate Police have a few GTO MR as cop cars. These also have 11G's.

MITSUBISHI RALLIART did use 13G hybrid for GTO N1. The 11G was installed some of GTO MR's in order to meet N1 race regulation.

N1 race cars must use OEM parts. Since some GTO MR had 11G, the 13G was considered as OEM.

Rest of Twin Turbo Models have 9Bs in Japan.

I am sorry to confuse some of you in this post.

Ralli Art 3000GT

Attachments

·
3si member #1623
1,976 Posts
wow...lol I havent ran into one of those yet. Thanks for sharing man :) Interesting find on the MR's. Question for you: How many MR's were produced/sold in Japan and in what years where they available????? I really want/need to know this. Thanks.
Ray

·
3si member #1623
1,976 Posts
TTT

DjMonnie said:
How many MR's were produced/sold in Japan and in what years where they available?????
Ray
Trying to get this (or any) info from the local Mitsu dealerships here is.....very difficult.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
san ling said:

While were at it... what exactly is your connection to Ralli//Art? Your a liscensed distributor? How much for one of those MR rear ends, the better geared ones?

ROLL ON FLOOR LAUGHING!

-- Henry

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
There are about 500 hundred of MRs have produced in Japan.
If I could get an exact number, I will post at that time.

Minimum requirement for MITSUBISHI to produce MR was 500 units in order to meet the N1 reguration.

MRs were in production from 1995 to 1999.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"ROLL ON FLOOR LAUGHING!"

-- Henry

To: Henry C.

Wow, "Rollin' on floor Laughin,' " huh.

You are an unique individual.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other than the stuff above,

Thank you for rest of you who commented on this post.
Again, I am sorry that I confused some of you regarding, Gs,and Bs.

Here is a 99 GTO MR.

Ralli Art 3000GT

Attachments

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
11G...

I contacted Mellette (the ONLY company I found that listed the 11G on GTOs) and they wrote back thanking me for pointing out their mistake. Euro's do indeed get the 13G. They goofed. I am talking to them now about getting a set of their 13G's, but they are in England so shipping and curency issues suck. I'll keep u posted.

I am now in Greenville NC (just moved to go back to school) so until I get my cable modem back up and running... I wont be on as much.

As to this MR 11G thing... I still doubt it. I would have to see it in writing. as far as I can tell, the 11G is used on Pajero's in South America... so I have found applications... just not on GTO's (or whatever you want to call them =)

on a side note... I am about to get a fatty check from the Govt for my school and new Tbos, suspension, intercoolers, brakes, and seats (plus DSM 450's, MAFT (set up for blowthru, with a Open air BOV; rfl? =), and a valve job) are on the list for this year =)

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
To san ling

It looks like you have sophisticated research ability.

So, you really don't need to pay any attention to my post.

Because what you see or will see is more reliable than what my post is telling, at least for you.

That is what your "BS meter" thing really is about, isn't it?
That is your business.

There are few individuals in the U.S., who have internal connection to MITSUBISHI.

Many people at 3/S community seem to enjoy knowing facts from outside of United States. That is why I post the facts.
This is my business.

Hopefully, your future won't laugh at your present.

HKS, Greddy USA are closer than England.

Invest in your future wisely.
I think you can do that.

Ralli Art 3000GT

·
Registered
144 Posts
did anyone mention that the steering wheels are on differant sides

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
There are also people on this board from outside USA who have first hand experience of Jap GTOs, me for one having owned it from stock for nearly 4 years, now quite modded.

Steve

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
This Thread STILL sux.

I said it on page one. I'll say it on page 4... this thread sux.

Quote:
"Other differences

J-spec has 11G turbos"

Thats just great. more rumors and bullshit about J'spec vs USDM. So now some poor unsuspecting noob is gonna order that j'spec expecting 11G's and get ripped off. Granted, he should research, but this OWNERS site should be more accurate. I have said some stupid stuff here, but if I am wrong, I admit it. I have learned that before I post "facts" I FACT CHECK.

It is threads like these (useless, come up every month) that suck so much. Much of the information in them is JUST PLAIN WRONG. This is not good for the community or the site. Its like when Import tuner Magazing said that the 4g63 was finally over here for the first time in the Lancer EVO... oh, what about all those eclipses? It makes them look less knowlegeable, saying all j'spec GTO's with turbos run 11Gs makes our site look less knowlegeable.

If your wrong, just say it. Say "I was wrong, not all J'specs have 11Gs". OR prove that you're right. Thats all. don't go off half cocked. especially in a thread that noobs are going to look to for information... if you want to spout unresearched dribble, go to the lounge.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Re: This Thread STILL sux.

san ling said:
I said it on page one. I'll say it on page 4... this thread sux.

Quote:
"Other differences

J-spec has 11G turbos"

Thats just great. more rumors and bullshit about J'spec vs USDM. So now some poor unsuspecting noob is gonna order that j'spec expecting 11G's and get ripped off. Granted, he should research, but this OWNERS site should be more accurate. I have said some stupid stuff here, but if I am wrong, I admit it. I have learned that before I post "facts" I FACT CHECK.

It is threads like these (useless, come up every month) that suck so much. Much of the information in them is JUST PLAIN WRONG. This is not good for the community or the site. Its like when Import tuner Magazing said that the 4g63 was finally over here for the first time in the Lancer EVO... oh, what about all those eclipses? It makes them look less knowlegeable, saying all j'spec GTO's with turbos run 11Gs makes our site look less knowlegeable.

If your wrong, just say it. Say "I was wrong, not all J'specs have 11Gs". OR prove that you're right. Thats all. don't go off half cocked. especially in a thread that noobs are going to look to for information... if you want to spout unresearched dribble, go to the lounge.

I believe RalliArt3000GT did say he was wrong about "all" GTO's having 11Gs and that he was sorry. No need to be a jerk.

Also I can vouch that RalliArt3000GT is an honest guy who does have connections directly with Mitsubishi Japan, so if the MR's do not come with 11Gs then it's because his contacts at Mitsu Japan are wrong. I don't know about you but I'd believe someone working for Mistu Japan before I'd believe "internet research". Maybe if you'd ask nicely RalliArt3000GT could provide you with further proof.

I agree with you that there is a lot of misinformation floating around and it's frustrating, but RalliArt3000GT is the only person I know who speaks regularly with Mistu Japan so try not to be so quick to dismiss a valuable resource.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
First of all, thank you for your comment, MrSparkle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

san ling
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: san ling

I have already apologized for my misunderstanding at this post, regarding G and B turbos.

The reason why you cannot forgive someone's mistake is based upon your attitude.

You said, "if you want to spout unresearched dribble, go to the lounge."
It looks like many of your posts are found there.
Why...?

At least, I post my inputs from my own experiences.
Therefore, I don't need reference nor need to go lounge.

From the very first posts that You, san ling, commented to me, you first said, "RalliArt3000GT was wrong about things." That is really your attitude about. You're incurably impolite.

If you were not intended competing with someone, you're not excited this much by now.

So, I can tell you this.
The field you compete in, is totally different from mine.
You may always compete with others around you in your life.

What I am competing with, is myself in future.
I have never imagined to compete with others to win races.
That is the reason why I always win the races.

Therefore, there is no correlation between you and me.

You no longer need to respond me, san ling. Neither do I.

Ralli Art 3000GT

·
3si member #1623
1,976 Posts
We need to have a sticky or a forum just for GTO's (non-U.S. market) that has all the facts. I too get tired of seeing a post stating GTO's come with 13g's..ect..ect and other mis-information.
I'll help get the facts. RalliArt3000GT: how do you have connections with Mitsu Japan? Can you hook me up with a connection too..? :) I want to get all the facts striaght.

·
needs more $
1,482 Posts
not trying to make more confusion but, i know of a man my friends importer who goes to japan once a month and speaks japanese fluently. he had told my friend and i that to get 13g's on a j-spec is a hit or miss. some came with them, some came without them. that is justwhat i heard. i know nothing about the MR's which that pick is incredible, but i have heard that 13g's are a hit or miss, my j-spec came with 9b's (DAMN IT) but dr-500's on the way soon.

and Ralliart i completely agree with your comments to San Ling i have seen some of his nasty remarks in other threads.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Thank you for your post "DjMonnie," "msGTvr418."

Due to the current situation at this post,
and in order to avoid any more confusion,
there is no essential reason to publicate my knowledge here any more.

I will PM you to answer your questions.

Sincerely,

Ralli Art 3000GT

41 - 60 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.