Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will an Infinity Headunit Replace a nd non-infinity Headunits and still work my system (stock) with out the infinity amp. I need to replce my HU and found someone who will sell me a new Infinity for CHEAP and I want to know if it will work. If you have done this before then please respond.

·
Registered
77 Posts
No, the infinity HU will not work without an external amplifier. It's possible to make it work with an aftermarket amplifier but it's a considerable amout of work.

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AAGGHH! There are INFINITY HU everywhere, but I cannot find the NONINFINITY anywhere. Does anyone hae one?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Ask aand ye' shalt recieve: I have a stock non-inf. unit from my 92' ES. Only problems are that it is only cassette, and will it work with a 94'? I don't know if the 1st gen radio's will work with 2nd gens?

·
Registered
77 Posts
1st gen and 2nd gen have different wiring harnesses so I don't think the decks from these cars are interchangable. See if someone will sell you a '94 or later factory amp. Once you have that I think it'll all be "plug and play". I have the service manual for 92-96, so I'm almost positive that any HU/amp from 94-96 will work. 93 and earlier will not work. I'm not sure about 97 and later but I think the chances are fairly good.

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I could get a Factroy amp and Infinity HU then I would do that. So...if anyone has a Infinity Head unit (from a 2nd Gen 3000gt) and an amp then email me. I would be interested in talking with you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sorry, guess that's easier said than done. But I'm a little surpised that there are all these infinity HU's for sale out there without the amp. I would think that most people who have an infinity HU they're willing to sell would have the amp also. Maybe they're just being lazy and not removing the amp, or even worse, don't realize it's there. Next time you talk to someone who says they have just the infinity HU (94 or up), you might want to press them a little to see if they will remove the amp and sell that too.

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah...I am suprised too. I have a had a few people respond and that is the exact question that I have asked them. But I am still looking for both If anybody has them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts