Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
I'm a dork.
1,144 Posts
I've been on the boards since the early 2000's but never ran big power like most of you all. I was one of those n/a guys with big dreams of force inducing my car but never had the money or the time. I've been through most iterations the n/a kids went through to get power including a knight supercharger kit (that was a mistake). took a 10 year hiatus to finish my education and training and now I finally have that job that lets me tool around like I always wanted to. Now I find myself putting down good money searching for all those parts I wanted when I was a kid. While most my co-workers drive around their 993's, GTS's, R8's, and Tesla's, they can't help but wonder why I spend all the money I do on these heavy boats. Especially since they never see me drive them and only seem to see them on the lift in my garage. Cheers to you guys still showing the love to the platform. I think I will finally hang up my 3/S cleats after finishing my build on the first 3/S I ever owned. Will have gone from an SL-ATX to an SL-TT-ATX to an SL-TT-MTX and finally to a AWD-3.5L-DR750TiEl daily driver. I'll still hang around the boards after that. Won't ever get rid of my GT's. Maybe do a thing or two to one of the Spyders. Real dream is to put in a 6G72TT into a 1970's Dodge Colt as a homage to Mitsubishi "GTO" label. If I could really find a Galant Colt GTO and make it LHD that would be even better.

J

·
Lovbyts
3,616 Posts
Yup there are a few of us old timers still around. ;)

Lots of newbies/kids picking up the 3S since as they get older they become more affordable, except for the after market parts of course.

I still have my original and hope I dont have to ever get rid of it. Too much time and yes money invested over the years but it's good fun and always learning. I think I have forgotten more than I currently know though. lol

I took a few year hiatus from the forum myself and did not drive my car nearly enough. It was neglected but not forgotten. Ive been playing with it more the last few months though getting it dialed in again. Wife said the other day I should just get rid of it. Yup, she is going back on the market soon. The wife, not the car. :) hehehe

·
BAWC: In the Mix
5,168 Posts
Sold out over a year ago. Not sure if I will ever get another. Maybe if one of those symphonic silver 96 TTs pops up....

·
I'm a dork.
1,144 Posts
Greg,

well if you ever find that silver 96, your block and heads will still be with me :)

J

·
Rollin, Rollin, Rollin
1,245 Posts
My body is permanently contorted to the shape of the 3S, I have been driving one since 97. I picked up an Audi A5 a couple years ago, but I still put quite a bit of miles on the VR4.

·
Super Moderator
21,045 Posts
Shut up Rob, you're a pioneer dammit! And dang the NSX looks pretty!

Greg, I love you. I mean, I want to have your babies. Wait, let's start over. :x

In the meantime, I might qualify for the longest member with a non-op 3/S ... after the unfortunate demise of the first one and a bunch of life changes. Still hanging on though. Don't know what I'd do if I didn't have a 3/S on jackstands.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts