Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
17,522 Posts
Yeah. Time flies and a little part of me dies every time one of my brothers (Trevor, Rob, Jesse, etc, etc) leaves us.

You can pry the keys from my cold dead fingers though :D

·
STOCK ??? HELL NO...!!!
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trevor has left..!!?? :(
Man I just can't believe that..!! I was gone for a while, because my EVO was draining my pocket link a sinkhole... I confess I'm a mod junkie :D , but I like my car to look good and run fast..!! but that's just me ... hahaha.

·
Registered
17,522 Posts
My shit runs. Trying to arrange a dyno session... surely I'll get into rod snapping territory (650 whp). Also need to make my clutch fully disengage (priority #1)

·
The Speedy Swed
963 Posts
Face it guys. We're getting old! But i still remember the first time i drove my car. Love at first sight! Been costing me money since!

·
LS3S
2,148 Posts
I was just browsing through old threads of mine the other day.....holy crap. I was such an idiot and a prick! I made the posts that everyone hated lol. Ironically, I told people i was going to put a 2jz in a 99 vr4 (yeah I was one f those kids).

Although I left for a bit, i'm back (and hopefully not an asshat anymore)!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
i was thinking the same thing some time ago...lotta cool people on here gone from back in the day...lotta cool parts cant find shit anymore lol..ive been out about 3 years, car stopped running, lost my job saved some money and fuck it got car started and dumped more money cause the water pumps goin. since my buddy wants to pull the motor out to do the belt and pump i decided might as well, clean up the bay and supporting mods since its gonna be apart. i cant get away from the plateform lol

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,229 Posts
Forgot about this section. It's been so dead.

My shit runs. Trying to arrange a dyno session... surely I'll get into rod snapping territory (650 whp). Also need to make my clutch fully disengage (priority #1)
When's the track visit? and when is the stroker going in?

·
Registered
17,522 Posts
Forgot about this section. It's been so dead.

When's the track visit? and when is the stroker going in?

Meat missile needs more time so I'm prioritizing other things for now. All I really need to do is rebuild my clutch master cylinder and replace fluids all over the car. 3/5 ;) seemed like an appropriate dead line but he's not sure he can make that either.

Stroker? Eh, no rush.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,229 Posts
You guys going to meet up at same track? I know almost opposite sides of the country, but that would be fun and I'd be willing to tow my car wherever for a 9-10sec 3S track meet.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
This is Jack T., I'm still around sort of...but older haha.
My 94 VR4 is getting (hopefully) finished up soon by Ray Pampena/David Menella but not sure when "Done, Dyno'd and Delivered" will occur. It has been there 2 years...due to crankshaft maker delays and changes in Ray's business situation, etc, sigh.

My Pampena/Merkel 3.5L engine was working good when installed ~2007 but shortly after install, car hit a big rock or something that literally snapped off the oilfilter, INSTANT 0 oil pressure a few seconds and fried crank/bearings. My local machine shop rebuilt it, but did something wrong so it took out all the bearings and the crank right away, car sat awhile afraid to do anything with it because I was sure it would just shit on me again.

Thus sent car to Ray in 11/2013 and asked him to do it however he wants to make it best; we hashed out turbo choices vs what I had (DR1000+'s).
It will be a flex fuel 93 octane-to-E85 setup via AEM computer, PTE5858's.
I hope it runs well for a long time.
Not sure what to guess on dyno figures.
I plan to follow my Dad's advice from decades ago and Put My Arm Out The Window And Just Drive It for awhile, has been many years since I had a running, much less a reliably running, 3S.
Alot of "battery recharging needed in my head" on my car/s LOL.

Have been doing well with slightly modded GTR since 12/2008, daily driver and roadcourse HPDE's. Pretty reliable overall :)
Jack T.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'm surprise that 1st. I still here, and 2nd that I owned the car for such a long time..!!

Do you feel like I do..? :D

I feel like I am getting there.
Joined on 06-17-2003.
and yes still putting money into the car

I actually bought some DND parts off you along time ago!!
You may remember.

Lost has changed since then.

But I do agree with Adam.
you will have to pry my keys from my dead hands

·
Premium Member
17,963 Posts
This is Jack T., I'm still around sort of...but older haha.
My 94 VR4 is getting (hopefully) finished up soon by Ray Pampena/David Menella but not sure when "Done, Dyno'd and Delivered" will occur. It has been there 2 years...due to crankshaft maker delays and changes in Ray's business situation, etc, sigh.

My Pampena/Merkel 3.5L engine was working good when installed ~2007 but shortly after install, car hit a big rock or something that literally snapped off the oilfilter, INSTANT 0 oil pressure a few seconds and fried crank/bearings. My local machine shop rebuilt it, but did something wrong so it took out all the bearings and the crank right away, car sat awhile afraid to do anything with it because I was sure it would just shit on me again.

Thus sent car to Ray in 11/2013 and asked him to do it however he wants to make it best; we hashed out turbo choices vs what I had (DR1000+'s).
It will be a flex fuel 93 octane-to-E85 setup via AEM computer, PTE5858's.
I hope it runs well for a long time.
Not sure what to guess on dyno figures.
I plan to follow my Dad's advice from decades ago and Put My Arm Out The Window And Just Drive It for awhile, has been many years since I had a running, much less a reliably running, 3S.
Alot of "battery recharging needed in my head" on my car/s LOL.

Have been doing well with slightly modded GTR since 12/2008, daily driver and roadcourse HPDE's. Pretty reliable overall :)
Jack T.
as a long time Jack T. fan, I am very happy to see you around still.

Coop

1 - 20 of 47 Posts