Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,im having trouble with my vr4...it almost dies when i stop...dosent matter if i was driving hard or just putting around...it drops to about 350rpm.....then comes back up to about 600 where it idles....this happened the other night after a battary cable came loose for just a second...is it possible that i just need to reset the computer?>or am i missing something?i checked the vacum lines.......no problems there....its all stock right now...so its not mods causing the problem

·
The Wizard Of Aaahhhhh's
1,596 Posts
It might also be your IAC motor...they've been known to be problematic on our cars.

Chris

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Clean around your throttle plate see if there is a lot of koking built up use an upper intake cleaning spray I wouldn't use carb cleaner.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
iac?the thing is it didnt just happen while i was out driving...it was after my battary went dead for a split second.....which i find kinda odd.....it dosent do it as bad any more...since i put a new air filter on...but it still drops to about 500 and the pops back up to 700

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heres something else....my gas mileage dropped a fair amount when all this happened......i dont think its the alt.....i had my car idleing for about an hour last night and it never got low on the charge..o2 sensor?how can i check that?or do i just buy a new one and replace it to see if it works ?

·
In God We Trust
114 Posts
my 3kgt is doing the same thing. I have done some research and have found that the MAS may be the problem. Have recently changed you air filter or manipulated the MAS in some way...possibly damaging it. If so, this may be your problem. You can get a used MAS at junkyard for less than $100. just a suggestion. Thanks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ill give it a try......how exactaly am i suppose to do that though?just pop off the intake y and work from there?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
one other thing.....theres a vacum type thing on the throttle.....it looks like its made to stop the throttle from dropping down to far....the thing is mines not hooked up to anything.....just has a hose coming out the back to a fitting type of thing with some cotton stuffed in it.....sorry i dont have pics of this but hopefully youll be able to figure it out from my discription

1 - 11 of 11 Posts