Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
3SI #1068
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back bumper, fucked because some bitch can't drive. backing up in a parking lot and she darts over. I filed a claim, get home and the bitch already filed one on me! Wanting me to fix her 1985 CHEVY PIECE o SHIT CORSICA. That's besides the point. Now I am stuck with a bumper turned white because the fiberglass got screwed. Does anyone think that a body shop can make this look new? I have a 91 ES that has the ripples on the back bumper... they almost look like the R/Ts. I ask because Im 19 and a guy. Enough said. So I will more then likely take the fall dor her.
RICH 91 ES

·
Lovbyts
3,618 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bumper. In parking lot accidents I have found it best to get the person at fault to write a little statement that it was there fault and look for witnesses, which are always hard to find. If you threaten (nicely) about calling the police they seem more willing to write the statement. The police won't come unless there is an injury so just tell them you don't know if you are hurt of not to get them to come. In most instances like yours if you stick to your guns with your story the insurance companies will consider it a draw and you both pay for your own damages.
A good body shop should be able to make your bumper look like new unless it is ripped. Good luck.

B

·
0 Posts
You might want to contact the police ANYWAY, and tell them what happened. If she's making stuff up, she is effectively committing fraud to some extent. Also contact your insurance agent and see what they say you can do. It's possible that they may be able to look at the marks on the car and interview the woman to find discrepencies in her "story"...believe me, once weazles get a little heat put on them, more often than not, they come clean through sheer fear.

Good Luck,

Bill Wagner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts