Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Like a Rat out of Water
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's been a long long time since I first wanted a VR-4 and now, I finally have one! Here's the story of my newly acquired baby:

I am the third (actually fourth, I'll explain later) of a Black 1991 Mits 3000GT VR-4. It was leased from the years 1991-1993. It was then leased by a doctor from 1993-1995. He bought the car off the lease and owned it for four more months before he died. The doctor had a personal car collection of over 30 exotic cars. His wife sold most of the exotic cars after she learned her husband left her with enourmous credit card debt. I saw pictures of this guys garage and it was simply amazing. The wife sold off about 25 of the cars and kept the remaining five, one of which was a 3000GT VR-4. For the next seven years, this lady kept this car as her daily driver. She even gave it a name; Earl (license plate was like ERL-485). When I went to look at the car, she always referred to the car as Earl. She would say, "Earl has been garaged every day I've owned him." "Whenever something went wrong with Earl, I took him to the dealership." "Earl only has used synthetic oil under my ownership." Well, she was right about this car being serviced a lot. It came with a whole stack of receipts and papers. I thought I was just buying any old ordinary 1991 3000GT VR-4 as I skimmed through some of the records. I bought the car simply because the body is near perfect as well as the interior. The car also runs pretty well (has lifter tick and low idle) and the transmission shifted fine. It wasn't until I got home that I carefully scanned the service records and here it what I found out about Earl:

Rebuilt Engine (pistons, crank, bearings, rings) at 80K miles
Brand new transfer case at 75K miles (fluids all leaked out and it seized)
Brand new tires at 95K miles

By the way, the car has 97K miles on it now. The previous owner told me that the car went in for a major engine tuneup around 80K miles...I thought it was the 60K mile tuneup way past due, but I didn't think it'd be as major as a rebuilt shortblock!

Anyway, I'm happy with my VR-4. It is by far the funnest car I have ever driven!

Just thought I'd let you all know I'm finally part of the community!

-Bat

·
Like a Rat out of Water
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm located in Pennnington NJ (Mercer County)....it's about 5 miles away from Trenton.

-Bat

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
Dont you love finding out that theres more new shit on your car than you expected? :D :mitsu: :mitsu:

·
Boost Leak Veteran
1,454 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome ot the club! :) Godd to see you chose the right color! :D

·
Parts Everywhere!!
1,407 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the badass black 3/S club:D
I can't believe you took the time to stop driving and post, I think I have put nearly 3k miles on my car in the two months I have owned it and I haven't gone anywhere yet, its just so much fun to go drive:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.