Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, everybody, or anybody still here. I'm a new user who's been lurking around for a few months now to see if I can find solutions to some of the problems I've been facing with my Stealth. I found this forum when I kept asking Google endless questions about the Stealth and I landed here. Now this forum has been bookmarked for a while now, with me only returning it when I get the motivation to try and fix my Stealth, but fail because I know absolutely nothing about cars and am just a boring ol' teenager. Anyways, something I noticed when I look through the archives for issues similar to my own, is that every post was made literally years ago. Now that doesn't mean a forums dead, but after doing some exploring and all, I noticed that there was some sort of feud in 2010 with the mods or something? And how this website used to be and whatnot. Which leaves me wondering what happened? And why is this place kind of just an echo chamber now? Sure there are a few people around, someone posted 30 minutes ago, but it was thriving years ago. So what happened? And where's all those people that answered like, literally ever question posted on here? Where have they gone?

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,120 Posts
lol not quite dead... far less active without the same traffic as before, sure. There are lots of threads that answer all of your questions. Cliffs: another forum (dead) and social media

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
Registered
81 Posts
I still browse here daily, and watch the new topics that catch my eye. I also watch the stuff for sale that pops up, as I trust Forum people more than random facebook people.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's two issues.

The 3000GT being a pretty dead platform. Nothing really new or innovative is coming out. Parts are drying up and the cars have crashed in value, most are in terrible condition. Shops have abandoned the cars and they fail to register on the social lexicon of enthusiasts.

Second issue is import car forums are also dead. Guys from the late 90's and early 2000's all aged out (25 years ago) and the new generation uses Facebook groups and Instagram.

This isn't just the 3000GT, but 240s, Honda, etc. Participants across all have dropped in the last 15 years. The 3000GT community has always been small so it was hit hard.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

17,279 Posts
Certainly its slowed down, but I think everyone here is trying to help.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I would say yep, it's damn close lol.

Information has always been hard to get on these cars I feel like. My other cars have been fbodys lt1 and ls1, it's impossible not to find info on those.

These cars will put you at wits end a lot quicker than a 2000 trans am lol I've found out, or even a 93 to 97 trans am/camaro.

My stealth has been sitting for 4 weeks now waiting on parts to show up. That really makes me feel like these cars aren't going in a good direction.

17,279 Posts
It is really not hard to get parts from reliable vendors, even 20 plus years after the last 3s was made.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
770 Posts
Thats true, its good they are still out there. I guess I just didnt have a good start with this one vs my other. Hope things turn around.

I do think it's funny that the "trending discussions" are from 09, 05, 02, 12....and right there on the main page

·
Registered
145 Posts
Besides some stuff I ordered from Japan, the longest it's ever taken me to get a part was what I just ordered from Ninja, and it's only been 8 days. I knew what they are going through and ordered anyways. I've ordered through 3sx, Pampena, direct from CXracing, and probably somewhere else that I'm forgetting and I've never had a single problem. Chris will be next whenever I decide to not be lazy and do my trans and transfer case fluid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can't die. There's too many of these beautiful machines, with many years of fight left in them, and we will need the parts and answers lol
I personally was helped recently very quickly and by multiple members. Far better than my 240sx group a few years ago..

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can't die. There's too many of these beautiful machines, with many years of fight left in them, and we will need the parts and answers lol
I personally was helped recently very quickly and by multiple members. Far better than my 240sx group a few years ago..
I agree with you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts