Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was browsing autotrader to see how low the cars were selling for now, no intention for anything so i did a state-wide search, and came across this...

http://autotrader.com/findacar/vdet...nced=n&start_year=1982&=&color=&car_year=1998

$4780 for a 1998 3000GT? With moonroof and the vicious VR4 chromies? I'm guessing either the car has had a really bad history, is messed up horribly in some way, or it's just a misprint. i would check myself but its in cali, and im in maryland... slight problem there.... So i thought i would let you guys take a look. If it's clean, it looks like a great car. Exactly what i had in mind, but distance sux.

**BTW**
I may be confusing this but werent 3000GTs 1995+ 6 speeds or was that just vr4's? Or am i confusing it with a completely different car lol.

·
FSR
1,228 Posts
wow, i would think its a misprint, but just to make sure...
Tustin Auto center is about 30-35 miles from my house. if i can grab a few hours when im not busy with finals, ill call it up and run down there.

-Eric

·
FSR
1,228 Posts
Yeah, rediculous!!!!!!
i also asked him if there was anything wrong with it. he said nothing at all!!!! i sure hope that someone on this board picked it up, cause they got ONE HELL OF A DEAL!!!!!!

i wanted to ask him more about the car, like history etc, but he had to go.

CRAP MAN, WHY CAN I NOT FIND STUFF LIKE THAT!?!?!

·
FSR
1,228 Posts
Yeah, rediculous!!!!!!
i also asked him if there was anything wrong with it. he said nothing at all!!!! i sure hope that someone on this board picked it up, cause they got ONE HELL OF A DEAL!!!!!!

i wanted to ask him more about the car, like history etc, but he had to go.

CRAP MAN, WHY CAN I NOT FIND STUFF LIKE THAT!?!?!

·
Registered
9,645 Posts
wow.....
i saw online a pair of NSX's going for 7k a piece.....called the guy up and he did sell em for 7k!!!! WTF is that shit? Maybe drug cars and theyre just ditching them or something? I couldnt believe it.

Oh yea, and another NSX for 10k......bitch was selling it to get back at her Husband or X-Husband or something

·
FSR
1,228 Posts
Yeah, theres this story that was running around a few years ago about a guy who saw an ad for a 2 year old Vette in the paper for $50. he saw it, but thought it was a typo. 2 or 3 days after the paper (i think it was recycler) came out he decided to actually call just to see. it was a woman selling her X husbands vette. he told her to sell it, and give him half of whatever she got. basically, the guy talked her DOWN to $40, because it would be more dramatic for the woman to just hand her X a $20. fact was she didnt care at all about the car, or the money! she was, however upset when the paper had been out for a few days and no one had called. everyone thought it was a typo.

basically, this 98 3KGT, the NSXs, and the Vette are reminders to us all - CALL TO MAKE SURE ITS NOT A TYPO!!!!!

-Eric

·
Like a Rat out of Water
2,976 Posts
I bought my VR-4 from some lady for an obscene price :D :D :D :D Her husband, who was a rich ass doctor, passed away a couple of months ago and left her with his exotic car collection of over 50 cars! She showed me pictures of his garage and I almost peed my pants! We're talking new and classic ferraris and porches, NSX, Older Lambo, bunch of old and new Jags. She said she sold these cars for pretty cheap because she just needed to get rid of them to pay off something else her husband left with her....incredible credit debt!! All of the others cars had been sold already when I went to get my VR-4...if only I had called sooner...

The moral of my story is....you've just gotta keep looking on every damn website there is and you'll eventually come across one. I spent 20 hours a week looking for a VR-4 online...no joke! =)

-Bat

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AWWWWWWWWW MAN!!!!! LOL, even with the distance and the cost for shipping this car was my dream come true :( and i missed it... damn i should of just used my cell, free long distance.... oh wait did you say friday? argh i would of still been too late, well atleast i wouldnt have had to be pissed on the phone live with the owner. thanks for finding out for me bro, sad i missed this, but i hope to meet the owner on 3si sometime :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
RTericTT said:
argh-
i couldnt wait, i called the dealer. the car was sold on friday for $4700!!!!!!!
Whoever told you that was full of shit.

I also called on it...they said it went for $23K+.

·
FSR
1,228 Posts
Yeah, i think there were two. I checked the other ads and found that there was another one that was listed for 25,500 or something. i believe that one was an SL. it had a different pic, and dark tint.

unless, of coarse, whoever i talked to was full of shit.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Ive looked all over and i cant find a angry wife garage sale. its been like 2 years. San Antonio sucks...i know theres rich people here. Maybe I'll try austin...should be lots of cheater husband there.

·
Ninja Performance
42,336 Posts
you got to be kidding me:eek:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
thats fucking crazy. I would litterly shit all over myself if i got a 97+ sl 5-speed for $4700. That looks like a vr4.. if i found a 97+ vr4 for $4700 i'd probably have a perma grin on my face for a few months.

·
Ninja Performance
42,336 Posts
Whoever got that made out BIG TIME

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi

I think this is a mistake. I am from Costa Mesa just near Tustin. I search for 3000GT. I also saw that car I called them on Saturday and the guy said that autotrader database was messed up and that car is for $25000 or something like that. I don't think Mitsubishi dearl is so stupid to sell 98 Vr4 for 4700.

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
damn, what a great fucking find. whoever got that car is lucky as hell

1 - 20 of 23 Posts