Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 very run down Stealth ES that was never given the love and attention it deserved.
It was unfortunate but I was really broke at the time I was driving it. With a little work I believe it will still start. I was wondering if there is a market where I can get a decent price on it. Do you think there is anyone out there that would want a good project car?

·
Registered
15 Posts
No, there is no market for the base non-turbo fwd models, same can be said for a n/a supra, n/a 300zx ... No collector will even consider buying and making an investment into an non-turbo model in 2020. Maybe in another 10-20 years it may pick up, or it could totally die out. Honestly, it's probably not worth sinking money or resources into. You Should list it and see what offers you can get ? Maybe , Hopefully I'm wrong Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I was going to list it but I have no idea what to ask for it. Also should I list as a car for parting out. I myself do not have the knowledge to part it out. If I could impose on you one more time, I was going to list it for $500. Should I go lower? Or higher (blind hope)? It does have a red leather interior that someone may be able to use.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Honestly it depends on the condition of the car. There certainly could be someone out there who would want to do a turbo swap or 4g swap this on this car, the thing is that the price has to be right.

So before you go donating it to a junk yard you may want to post some pictures of it and we can tell you what price would good.

·
Registered
346 Posts
No, there is no market for the base non-turbo fwd models, same can be said for a n/a supra, n/a 300zx ... No collector will even consider buying and making an investment into an non-turbo model in 2020. Maybe in another 10-20 years it may pick up, or it could totally die out. Honestly, it's probably not worth sinking money or resources into. You Should list it and see what offers you can get ? Maybe , Hopefully I'm wrong Thanks
The NA Supra will bounce back....fwd stealth equals no

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Ok, it is not a turbo model, but there is some value, although unusually small if sold together. Scrap values are around 250-300 in our area. Some of the parts individually would be worth near that. If you had an automatic climate control that was working they go for 120.00 or more. If you had the Electronic Control Suspension parts and the struts were working, those would be over 200.00. The red interior is desirable if it is in good condition that could sell for 200-400.00, if the seats are leather and in good shape. Many more of the interior parts if not cracked or torn have good value. I am not sure why these cars don't sell for more. They are a lot more reliable and if you have a DOHC they have nearly the same HP, just missing the boost. The biggest problem is when someone sees you out and yells" hey is that the twin turbo model?" and you reluctantly have to say no. Other than that they can turn just as many heads and have a decent amount of power and decent handling for most purposes.

·
Curmudgeon
5,416 Posts
I've got to disagree with you there.
I've brung more than one NA back from the dead, and if you can keep the rot off the frame they are infinity repairable.
I'm not that familiar with Supras but my impression is their cost to repair far exceds their value.
Cindy, a couple pictures and any hints as to what's wrong with it would go a long way towards figuring out a value..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts