Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in a RPS Stage III or MAX series 6 puck sprung hub in about 9,000 miles ago. Wierd thing is it launches so sweet no slipping there and grabs gears awesome. When I'm on the highway and I go to accelerate around 3,000 rpms it jumps to 5,000 then back down. Are there any adjustments to be made or, well, am I just kinda screwed, hehe.

Thanks

·
Registered
811 Posts
Yea--RPS stage III's dont last at all. Mine went out around 7000 miles, and many others have complained of getting less than 10k out of them.

Some of their other clutches are supposed to be great, but my only experience is with the stage III.

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
SpeedyVR4 said:
Well, that sux, hehe...

Any suggestions on what to put in next ?
RPS Carbon-Carbon! Supposed to be the best clutch you can get if you have the money! You can get it from www.groundzeroperformance.com under Catalog --> (car information) --> Driveline

Expensive, but if you want the best that's it!

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
Put the Max Street Clutch in, it will last longer....according to Matt from Dynamic. He acknowledges that the six puck design won't last long for daily drivers. I've got one of the Max street clutches and it seems to work great, 7k since installing and still holding fine, of course I haven't been launching any higher than 3500.

Lord Warlock

·
tUrBo aDDicT
744 Posts
Well, my 6 pucks went out a couple weekends ago. Only had about 5k on it. I mean it WENT OUT, the car is not moving anymore. I just ordered the twin disk carbon today from AAM group buy.

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
RPS

I'd say that the 6 puck setup that you have is quickly being fazed out by the new RPS C/C...depending on your mods the single disc Carbon will probably be enough...it'll hold up to 600 ft./lb of torque. Almost every really fast 3/S runs one and it is supposed to last a very long time, its rebuildable as well! Check out the AAM group buy on them if you're interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.