Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on buying some indiglo guagues from Ebay but I'm not sure if I should spend money on them since I've been hearing that alot of people are having troubles with them? What do you guys think? Should I get them or not?

·
Some shmo with N20...
820 Posts
GO FOR IT

GO FOR IT!
They are sweet as hell at night and look awesome during the day. The reason everyone has a hell of a time with them is cuz they usually damage something putting them in and dont know it until something breaks. Also, the quality of the gauges themselves cant always be guaranteed. In my case, when two of mine broke, the manufacturer sent me a whole set free! They are 6 color and gorgeous. Lotta fun. Chicks dig it.

Make sure when you get them that you read EVERYTHING you can about putting them in and making sure you do it right the first time!

Here's some tips...

1. Cut (with a serated knife or tool) a small opening in the top of your instrument cluster (right on the top part of the white casing) so that when you snap the whole thing back together, the wires wont get pinched. Youll see what im talking about when you get to it.

2. Make sure, when screwing down the gauges that you dont a) Screw them down too tight, destroying or disfiguring the gauge or b) leave them too loose or the speedo or tach needles might get caught on the screws!

3. Make sure you have the proper tools! I lose so many screws when im messing around with my car cuz i have shitty tools... The most imp one when doing the indiglo installation is Forceps (tweezer type things) to get at hard to reach screws.

4. If you have an airbag, use the shortcut to put in the middle 3 gauges. Taking off the dashboard is the biggest slut EVER. It takes so long and requires so much work and stripping screws and what not... What a nightmare... The shortcut is somewhere around here on the boards...

Thats about it. Go for it man. They are worth it.

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
Re: GO FOR IT

XxLostRealmxX said:

4. If you have an airbag, use the shortcut to put in the middle 3 gauges. Taking off the dashboard is the biggest slut EVER. It takes so long and requires so much work and stripping screws and what not... What a nightmare... The shortcut is somewhere around here on the boards...
Here ya go, courtesy of Mista Grimm.

http://www.3si.org/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=49375&highlight

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mista Grimm

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
I agree, the indiglos are tight. And I'm one who doesn't do anything ricey to my car. I like my car to be respected by all, young and old. But the indiglos look good, you can fade them out too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Problem

I have a 94 Stealth base model and my redline is only 6000rpm and those gauges all have redline of 7000, has any one with the same problem I have done it anyways and what problems are there with this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts