Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will an ARC-2 provide as much gain on 9bs as it would on bigger turbos? What gains can I look at on stock turbos? I'm debating whether to spend the 1200 bucks or so on the ARC-2 with the big MAF or buy the DR500s. Any ideas welcome.

·
Just havin' fun!
1,151 Posts
You could do the ARC2 and upgrade the fuel pump and injectors. You'll notice a difference then for sure. I had the ARC2 for a while before doing the fuel system and I couldn't really tell a BIG difference. There was a little more pep, but not a lot. After I put in a supra pump and 660cc's, I could tell a definite difference. But when I got my new turbos put in - HOLY COW!!!:eek: Big difference!:D

Stock turbos are limited in what they can do. A larger turbo will pull harder at the same psi settings. So if you want more power for the money, just go with the DR500's and do the fuel system later - but don't turn up that boost too much!;)

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
I see how it is- we get it down to the very wire and then we start gettin the crap! :p

Really though, should know pricing tomorrow (the machine shop gave us pricing on all but two items we sent him).

The ArcII on stock turbos is actually likely to show a gain, however it is the larger injectors that do it- because of the massive amounts of timing thrown on because of how the ARCII works. This timing can be good, but you have to factor for it.

This is why sooo many people blow their motor's at 16psi- they get a fuel controller and don't factor that they add the timing. The timing kills.

I recommend an ARCII for 550 injectors. Anything larger, and I'll recommend the EMS- too many people have too big of a problem with 720's and the timing it adds. Heck Trevor lost a motor on 550's because of the timing.

Just becareful- there is way more going on than most people realize.

And stock turbos are getting ready to be pushed as far as they can go- jayson's car is finally getting to the strip.

ProfecA 17psi, SMC Alchy, PST CFDS, 450's, hotwired 255LPH, Accel coils, FMS wires :) , RPSIII, UR fly, UR UDP, Raxles CV's, RP01's, SAFC, K&N, Dumps, 2.5" dual exhaust with X-pipes and dynomax bullets, dsm bov, all free mods, msd dis4, Kormex TC, 180 thermostat, and... I can't remember more... but there is.

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So what is the easiest/most logical way to counteract added timing besides getting a stand alone? Bigger injectors? Help a brotha out:D

·
Registered
182 Posts
I was going to go with ARC2 and 550 injectors with DR500's, is this a good combo or am I leaving something out?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.