Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Super Asurada SA-01
Joined
·
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there everyone. My very first post :)


well I have been searching to get myself a 97-99 3000GT since last month. About a week ago, I found a 97' 3000GT Base priced at $12800 at nearby dealer. It had clean carfax report and the engine and every major compartments were in good shape... so It's up to me now.



so the real question is.....
Is base 3000GT that slow? I was trying to find some 0-60 times for base 3000GT, but what I could only find was 8.5sec for 3000GT SL. then I can assume the time for base models would be 9+... which also means I would be killed even by V6 Maxima.



So I would like all you experienced guys' opinions on the car, like how it holds up to other cars. I wouldn't be racing on the street every day, but I want a car thats capable of going fast when I want it to.



by the way, the one I'm looking at is manual, not atx. One of my friend told me it's better to get manual sohc than atx dohc, but don't know about the truth ..:rolleyes:



some 0-60 and 1/4 mile times would be also helpful...


Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
it's SLOOOOOOW:D

to give you an idea, at the track I did 1/4 mile in 17.3sec or there about

but When I got mine I got it for looks, and I love it.
so good luck finding a car you like
 

·
Deal with it
Joined
·
3,129 Posts
My 1993 base isnt slow, but thats because I have DOHC which is about 60hp more stock. I had a SOHC before this and there really is no comparison. They are slow, but if you arent looking to go fast then dont worry. If you are, then get a nitrous kit for about $500 and call it even with a stock DOHC witha 50-75shot
 

·
Just Bring It
Joined
·
2,835 Posts
Askanni said:
it's SLOOOOOOW:D

to give you an idea, at the track I did 1/4 mile in 17.3sec or there about

but When I got mine I got it for looks, and I love it.
so good luck finding a car you like
Damn! Is your car an Manual. Well, 161HP isnt that bad. Just drive the car around, see if you like how it drives. If you like it, just buy it.

A lot of cars will lose to 6 speed V6 Maxima's, so dont worry about that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
Tqlla said:


Damn! Is your car an Manual. Well, 161HP isnt that bad. Just drive the car around, see if you like how it drives. If you like it, just buy it.

A lot of cars will lose to 6 speed V6 Maxima's, so dont worry about that
no my car is atx, so that adds to the slowness :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Whoa, whoa, whoa...0-60 SL 8.5 hellllll no that sounds like the base

Base/ES - 161 hp
0-60 - ~8.5
1/4 mile 17.8 +or - .3
Slooooowww...

SL//R/t - 222 hp
0-60 - 5.8-6.0
1/4 mile - 15.8
Very Popular...

VR-4//R/t TT - 320 (2st gen and up) 300 (1st gen)
0-60 - 5.4
1/4 mile - 14.4 (2nd gen, and up) 14.6 (1st gen).
Hella, Hella Fast...
Must Buy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,692 Posts
I would say get a 97-99 SL or pre 97 base and you'll be good. The affects of having that cool looking new car will wear off after awhile and you'll be stuck in high 17 second limbo wanting something else.
 

·
blk93stealthes
Joined
·
9,150 Posts
RugBurn said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa...0-60 SL 8.5 hellllll no that sounds like the base

Base/ES - 161 hp
0-60 - ~8.5
1/4 mile 17.8 +or - .3
Slooooowww...

SL//R/t - 222 hp
0-60 - 5.8-6.0
1/4 mile - 15.8
Very Popular...

VR-4//R/t TT - 320 (2st gen and up) 300 (1st gen)
0-60 - 5.4
1/4 mile - 14.4 (2nd gen, and up) 14.6 (1st gen).
Hella, Hella Fast...
Must Buy!
dude get you facts strait...an es is 222 hp
 

·
Formerlly Ps933kgt
Joined
·
6,968 Posts
RugBurn said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa...0-60 SL 8.5 hellllll no that sounds like the base

SL//R/t - 222 hp
0-60 - 5.8-6.0
1/4 mile - 15.8
Very Popular...

VR-4//R/t TT - 320 (2st gen and up) 300 (1st gen)
0-60 - 5.4
1/4 mile - 14.4 (2nd gen, and up) 14.6 (1st gen).
Hella, Hella Fast...
Must Buy!
sl 0-60 in 5.8-6.0? Not likely unless it is one hell of a driver. Id say times would be more like 6.7-7.5 with a quarter mile time of aboou 14.9 with a really good driver and 15.1-15.5 with a normal driver

and for the vr-4 1/4 mile in 14.4 and 14.6??? :~ dont know where you got those numbers but its more like for 1st gens with a good launch 13.6-13.9 and a second gen with a good launch 13.4-13.6
 

·
Jordan
Joined
·
3,032 Posts
ps933kgt said:


sl 0-60 in 5.8-6.0? Not likely unless it is one hell of a driver. Id say times would be more like 6.7-7.5 with a quarter mile time of aboou 14.9 with a really good driver and 15.1-15.5 with a normal driver

and for the vr-4 1/4 mile in 14.4 and 14.6??? :~ dont know where you got those numbers but its more like for 1st gens with a good launch 13.6-13.9 and a second gen with a good launch 13.4-13.6
exactly what i was thinking. And the base/es still have 222hp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,290 Posts
Prime12 said:
I found a 97' 3000GT Base priced at $12800 at nearby dealer. cars
You can buy a nice TT for that price... search the board and I am sure you will find many nicer 3000Gt's in the same price range.

Lethal
++++++++
 

·
Super Asurada SA-01
Joined
·
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
base

um....ok... now i know figure of what kind of numbers those models are getting.....

Thanks a lot :)



ok then 0-60 numbers don't seem that slow... at least for me...


but 17+ sec for 1/4 miles? in a car like 3000gt? :mad:


shouldn' i be getting something like 16's even on a base model?


*sigh*
 

·
Official 3SI Mouth
Joined
·
2,168 Posts
The 3000GT base model AFTER 97 has 160HP. 91-96 was the DOHC. The Stealth base ALWAYS had 160. The ES was ALWAYS a DOHC.
 

·
IDIC
Joined
·
4,390 Posts
you can spend $12,800 and get an earlier model VR-4, mabey even a '94 (which is the 2nd gen styling, similar to the '97s but with a slightly different front end and hoop spoiler)
and $12,800 should easily get you a 2nd gen SL..I'd avoid a base if you're thinking about racing. If you just want looks, a base is perfect, 'cause 3S look better than 95% of the shit on the roads today :)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
I would say get a DOHC 5 speed. These are pretty fun to drive and can kill plenty of cars. My friend has an SOHC ATX stealth and it is too slow for me.You could buy a TT , if you can afford the higher insurance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
I would say get a DOHC 5 speed. These are pretty fun to drive and can kill plenty of cars. My friend has an SOHC ATX stealth and it is too slow for me.You could buy a TT , if you can afford the higher insurance
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,155 Posts
RugBurn said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa...0-60 SL 8.5 hellllll no that sounds like the base

Base/ES - 161 hp
0-60 - ~8.5
1/4 mile 17.8 +or - .3
Slooooowww...

SL//R/t - 222 hp
0-60 - 5.8-6.0
1/4 mile - 15.8
Very Popular...

VR-4//R/t TT - 320 (2st gen and up) 300 (1st gen)
0-60 - 5.4
1/4 mile - 14.4 (2nd gen, and up) 14.6 (1st gen).
Hella, Hella Fast...
Must Buy!
idiot.
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top